Fed rate, Trump tax reform and Indonesian economy
The Indonesia Stock Exchange (IDX) closed 2017 with a big bang. On Dec. 29, the last day of trading, the Jakarta Composite Index (JCI) reached a record high of 6355.65.
It was higher than in China (6.6 percent), Singapore (18.1 percent), Malaysia (9.5 percent) and Thailand (13.7 percent). Out of that gain, a 6.8 percentage point increase was recorded in December alone.
This was unp...
- Indonesia considers joining TPP-11
- Teacher charged with child abuse for slapping students
- Ants that 'explode' to fight foes discovered on Borneo
- Janelle Monae plans dystopian film to accompany album
- Garuda Indonesia's Kartini Flight features all-female pilots, cabin crew, groundcrew
- Papuans celebrate womanhood in mangrove forest
- School accuses travel agency of fraud
- Bootleg liquor claims more lives in Bekasi
- Female baristas serve free coffee at Jakarta Kota Station
- North Korea's Kim promises no more nuclear or missile tests