Fed rate, Trump tax reform and Indonesian economy
The Indonesia Stock Exchange (IDX) closed 2017 with a big bang. On Dec. 29, the last day of trading, the Jakarta Composite Index (JCI) reached a record high of 6355.65.
It was higher than in China (6.6 percent), Singapore (18.1 percent), Malaysia (9.5 percent) and Thailand (13.7 percent). Out of that gain, a 6.8 percentage point increase was recorded in December alone.
This was unp...
- Trump's trip to Europe: Top five highlights
- Microsoft urges regulation of face-recognizing tech
- Densus 88 shoot dead three alleged terrorists in Yogyakarta
- Learning from France’s multiculturalism, World Cup run
- Saudi woman could be jailed for hugging pop star
- Tokyo’s reign as world’s largest city fades
- Third coalition at stake after Muhaimin's maneuver
- Indonesia among world’s less stressed countries
- Airbus near blockbuster $23 billion jet sale to AirAsia
- 52 alleged robbers shot by police ahead of Asian Games