Ahok divorce petition to be heard by court by end of January
The Jakarta Post
The North Jakarta District Court has announced that a preliminary hearing pertaining to a divorce petition filed by former Jakarta governor Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama will be held on Jan 31.
Court spokesperson Jootje Sampaleng said the court would issue a summons for Ahok and his wife Veronica Tan soon.
“In the first hearing, we will schedule a mediation session. The mediators can be from the court or independently appointed,” Jootje said Wednesday, as quoted by kompas.com.
Ahok, via his lawyers, filed for divorce on Friday after 20 years marriage. The two share three children.
Ahok will be represented by his lawyers during the hearing as he is serving time behind bars after being found guilty in a blasphemy case. (wnd)
- Bekasi wants roads free of 'Pak Ogah'
- Anies orders transportation agency, police to ticket traffic violators
- FBI warned Trump's son in-law on Murdoch ex-wife: report
- Police issue second summons for Sandiaga
- Newly opened Pancoran overpass lacks worthiness certificate
- Immigration office hunts two foreigners at protest in Batam
- Engineers union to analyze cause of IDX collapsed floor
- Indonesia's foreign debt stands at $347.3b, 34% of GDP
- Voldemort film now available for free on YouTube
- Couple forced to marry after caught being alone at fruit farm