Ahok divorce petition to be heard by court by end of January
The Jakarta Post
The North Jakarta District Court has announced that a preliminary hearing pertaining to a divorce petition filed by former Jakarta governor Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama will be held on Jan 31.
Court spokesperson Jootje Sampaleng said the court would issue a summons for Ahok and his wife Veronica Tan soon.
“In the first hearing, we will schedule a mediation session. The mediators can be from the court or independently appointed,” Jootje said Wednesday, as quoted by kompas.com.
Ahok, via his lawyers, filed for divorce on Friday after 20 years marriage. The two share three children.
Ahok will be represented by his lawyers during the hearing as he is serving time behind bars after being found guilty in a blasphemy case. (wnd)
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- We deserve more choices
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Number missing in Indonesia ferry disaster jumps again to 192: official
- Handgun found in bin at Soekarno-Hatta airport
- US centers force migrant children to take drugs -lawsuit
- Traveler forgets father at rest stop upon return from Lebaran holiday