Ahok divorce petition to be heard by court by end of January
The Jakarta Post
The North Jakarta District Court has announced that a preliminary hearing pertaining to a divorce petition filed by former Jakarta governor Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama will be held on Jan 31.
Court spokesperson Jootje Sampaleng said the court would issue a summons for Ahok and his wife Veronica Tan soon.
“In the first hearing, we will schedule a mediation session. The mediators can be from the court or independently appointed,” Jootje said Wednesday, as quoted by kompas.com.
Ahok, via his lawyers, filed for divorce on Friday after 20 years marriage. The two share three children.
Ahok will be represented by his lawyers during the hearing as he is serving time behind bars after being found guilty in a blasphemy case. (wnd)
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Car hits pedestrians outside UK mosque in suspected hate crime
- Indonesia exports religious take on family planning
- Woodward's Trump book sells 1.1 million in first week
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Makassar mother named child abuse suspect
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Instant Noodle Longform