Ahok divorce petition to be heard by court by end of January
The Jakarta Post
The North Jakarta District Court has announced that a preliminary hearing pertaining to a divorce petition filed by former Jakarta governor Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama will be held on Jan 31.
Court spokesperson Jootje Sampaleng said the court would issue a summons for Ahok and his wife Veronica Tan soon.
“In the first hearing, we will schedule a mediation session. The mediators can be from the court or independently appointed,” Jootje said Wednesday, as quoted by kompas.com.
Ahok, via his lawyers, filed for divorce on Friday after 20 years marriage. The two share three children.
Ahok will be represented by his lawyers during the hearing as he is serving time behind bars after being found guilty in a blasphemy case. (wnd)
- Thousands sign petition against sentence for Malaysian who abused maid
- Bottled water meets quality standards: BPOM
- Saudi Arabia beheads Indonesian worker despite Jokowi’s pleas for clemency
- Four-meter snake found in West Jakarta restaurant
- US, Japan assist South Korea on historic summits with North Korea
- Anies issues regulation simplifying process of shutting down entertainment spots
- No condoms or cigarettes sold at Muslim convenience store in Depok
- Residents clash with police personnel in land execution in C. Sulawesi
- Singapore Airlines warns customers against air tickets scam
- Earthquake strikes Banten, tremors felt in Jakarta