Bogor mayoral candidates get ready for election
The Jakarta Post
Bogor mayoral candidates showed up together on Thursday to undergo medical examinations as part of preparations for this year’s simultaneous regional elections.
Three candidate pairs --incumbent Bima Arya-Dedie A. Rachim, Edgar Suratman-Syefwelly Gynanjar Djoyodiningrat and Achmad Ru’yat-Zaenul Mutaqin--gathered at the Bogor General Elections Commission (KPU Bogor) before going to Mintoharjo Navy Hospital in Central Jakarta for the examinations.
The pair of Dadang Danubrata and Sugeng Teguh Santoso, however, failed to show up at the election commission because Sugeng, who is a lawyer, was out of town.
Speaking on the sidelines of the meeting, Bogor Mayor Bima admitted that he and his running mate Dedie had met before. “We have met up often, but you [journalists] are not aware of the meetings,” Bima said. (vny)
- 'Raped, killed because they are Rohingya'
- EDITORIAL: Government market intervention
- Earthquake hits Banjarnegara, kills one, destroys buildings
- City cannot restore all evicted areas: Sandiaga
- Jokowi agrees to drop 14 infrastructure projects, committee says
- Bridge collapses in E. Java, overpass collapses in N. Sulawesi
- Lesson from Go-Jek: Answer to Uber, Grab
- Millennial travelers: What’s trending in 2018
- Indonesia warns Norway over CPO ban
- Police investigate deadly overpass collapse in North Sulawesi