Bogor mayoral candidates get ready for election
The Jakarta Post
Bogor mayoral candidates showed up together on Thursday to undergo medical examinations as part of preparations for this year’s simultaneous regional elections.
Three candidate pairs --incumbent Bima Arya-Dedie A. Rachim, Edgar Suratman-Syefwelly Gynanjar Djoyodiningrat and Achmad Ru’yat-Zaenul Mutaqin--gathered at the Bogor General Elections Commission (KPU Bogor) before going to Mintoharjo Navy Hospital in Central Jakarta for the examinations.
The pair of Dadang Danubrata and Sugeng Teguh Santoso, however, failed to show up at the election commission because Sugeng, who is a lawyer, was out of town.
Speaking on the sidelines of the meeting, Bogor Mayor Bima admitted that he and his running mate Dedie had met before. “We have met up often, but you [journalists] are not aware of the meetings,” Bima said. (vny)
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Obama dancing in Kenya sends world aflutter
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- China seizes 156 mammoth tusks in huge ivory haul
- S.Korean court hands former president Park another 8 years in jail
- 'Mass casualty incident' after Missouri tourist boat capsizes
- Former Hong Kong leader jailed again for misconduct
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- Who is TGB, Jokowi’s strongest ally against sectarianism?