Bogor mayoral candidates get ready for election
The Jakarta Post
Bogor mayoral candidates showed up together on Thursday to undergo medical examinations as part of preparations for this year’s simultaneous regional elections.
Three candidate pairs --incumbent Bima Arya-Dedie A. Rachim, Edgar Suratman-Syefwelly Gynanjar Djoyodiningrat and Achmad Ru’yat-Zaenul Mutaqin--gathered at the Bogor General Elections Commission (KPU Bogor) before going to Mintoharjo Navy Hospital in Central Jakarta for the examinations.
The pair of Dadang Danubrata and Sugeng Teguh Santoso, however, failed to show up at the election commission because Sugeng, who is a lawyer, was out of town.
Speaking on the sidelines of the meeting, Bogor Mayor Bima admitted that he and his running mate Dedie had met before. “We have met up often, but you [journalists] are not aware of the meetings,” Bima said. (vny)
- Seoul Fashion Week ready for kickoff
- 17 missing students in North Sumatra flood rescued
- NTT to move immigrants to island near Australia
- US wants "regime change" in Iran: Rouhani
- KPK urged to be resolute in solving IndonesiaLeaks report case
- Lewinsky affair not an abuse of power, says Hillary Clinton
- Erdogan, Saudi king discuss case of missing journalist: Turkish presidency
- Delayed school entry good for mental health: Study
- #UninstallGojek trends after executive shows support for LGBT community
- The warning signs get stronger