Bogor mayoral candidates get ready for election
The Jakarta Post
Bogor mayoral candidates showed up together on Thursday to undergo medical examinations as part of preparations for this year’s simultaneous regional elections.
Three candidate pairs --incumbent Bima Arya-Dedie A. Rachim, Edgar Suratman-Syefwelly Gynanjar Djoyodiningrat and Achmad Ru’yat-Zaenul Mutaqin--gathered at the Bogor General Elections Commission (KPU Bogor) before going to Mintoharjo Navy Hospital in Central Jakarta for the examinations.
The pair of Dadang Danubrata and Sugeng Teguh Santoso, however, failed to show up at the election commission because Sugeng, who is a lawyer, was out of town.
Speaking on the sidelines of the meeting, Bogor Mayor Bima admitted that he and his running mate Dedie had met before. “We have met up often, but you [journalists] are not aware of the meetings,” Bima said. (vny)
- Jakarta Planetarium to host public lunar eclipse observation on Jan 31
- Auction lowered price of industrial sugar, Trade Ministry says
- 8.2 magnitude quake hits off coast of Alaska: USGS
- Depok men arrested for allegedly uploading sex video
- BREAKING: Strong 6.4 earthquake hits Banten, no tsunami warning
- Earthquake leads to traffic jams in Jakarta
- Jokowi criticizes regions for lengthy business permit issuance
- Hundreds of houses damaged by Lebak earthquake
- Defector soldier 'committed murder in North Korea': report
- Quake causes minor damage at airport, Depok City Hall