Island focus: Incumbent to face blank box in ballot
The Jakarta Post
This year’s Karanganyar regency election in Central Java is at risk of having only one candidate pair running in the race.
The sole candidate pair is incumbent Regent Juliyatmono and his running mate Robert Christanto, who are supported by 39 out of 45 seats at the the Karanganyar Legislative Council (DPRD). The six remaining seats belong to the Prosperous Justice Party (PKS), which in 2...
- Hawaii shark bite victim previously attacked by bear, snake
- SBY instructs Roy Suryo to shun media
- Introducing Indonesian coffee through ‘Ngopi Sore’ in Washington DC
- Sumatran tiger captured after 100 days of hunting
- Lafleur '82 magnums fetch more than $12,000 each at Sotheby's
- EDITORIAL: Bending the car culture
- Avicii death a coming-of-age in electronic music boom
- Saudi drafts drone regulation after security alarm
- Tiket.com eyes 250 percent growth in ticket, tour package sales
- Toddler breaks leg in escalator accident in Bengkulu