Rice imports to ease high prices
The Jakarta Post
The government has finally allowed the importation of rice to ease the stubbornly high price of the staple food over the past two months.
Premium-grade rice totaling 500,000 tons will be sourced from major producing countries, such as Thailand and Vietnam, and is set to reach Indonesia late January through state-owned trading firm PT Perusahaan Perdagangan Indonesia.
The move has t...
- Jokowi inaugurates new Cabinet ministers
- Surakarta's 100-year-old palace wall collapses
- Celine Dion's Jakarta concert ticket price reaches Rp 25m
- EDITORIAL: Speak out Mr. Speaker
- AirAsia to move international flight operations to Soekarno-Hatta Terminal 3
- Samsung launches Galaxy A8, A8+ for millennials
- Don't blame me if Trump not invited to royal wedding: May
- Thai general in the spotlight over luxury watches collection
- Lazada to implement e-payment gateway system this year
- New Air Force chief to prioritize procurement of jet fighters