Rice imports to ease high prices
The Jakarta Post
The government has finally allowed the importation of rice to ease the stubbornly high price of the staple food over the past two months.
Premium-grade rice totaling 500,000 tons will be sourced from major producing countries, such as Thailand and Vietnam, and is set to reach Indonesia late January through state-owned trading firm PT Perusahaan Perdagangan Indonesia.
The move has t...
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Intel CEO resigns after probe of relationship with employee
- Indonesia poised to benefit as China's Belt and Road turns green
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia's growing thirst for coffee drains premium bean supplies
- Pro IS cleric gets death for inspiring terror attacks in Indonesia
- UK visa requirements relaxed for Indonesian students
- Britain's Prince William on historic trip to Israel and West Bank
- India offers free e-visa for Indonesians
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens