Airport trains no longer have single fare
The Jakarta Post
Airport train operator, PT Railink is now applying different fares depending on which station passengers depart from, for journeys to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport.
Previously, the airport train had applied a single fare of Rp 70,000 (US$5.25) from all departure stations to the airport.
The airport train currently only serves three stations, Sudirman Baru (BNI City) station in Central Jakarta, Batu Ceper station in Tangerang and Soekarno-Hatta station.
However, starting from Jan. 19, the fare will be different for each departure station.
“The fare from Sudirman Baru station (BNI City station) to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport and vice versa remains Rp 70,000. While the fare from Batu Ceper station to the airport and vice versa is only Rp 35,000 (US$2.30),” said Haerul Anwar, Branch Communication Manager of Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, on Friday as quoted by Antara.
PT Railink has also increased the frequency of trains on the airport service, from 42 journeys to 50 trips every day.
"Passengers now have more flexibility in when they want to go to the airport, as trains are more frequent,” said Haerul. (roi)
- Sri Mulyani criticizes poor budget planning by government institutions
- Clooneys donate $500,000 to student gun reform march
- Q&A: What you need to know about Ahok's case review petition
- Indonesia prepares four fiscal incentives to boost investment
- Qatar Airways receives world’s first Airbus A350-1000
- Dua Lipa to grace Asian stages in May
- Minister to evaluate Waskita’s board of directors over accident
- Jokowi redeems Metallica double-LP set from KPK
- In dieting, low-fat or low-carb are the same: Study
- Thousands of teachers in Depok yet to receive monthly pay