Airport trains no longer have single fare
The Jakarta Post
Airport train operator, PT Railink is now applying different fares depending on which station passengers depart from, for journeys to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport.
Previously, the airport train had applied a single fare of Rp 70,000 (US$5.25) from all departure stations to the airport.
The airport train currently only serves three stations, Sudirman Baru (BNI City) station in Central Jakarta, Batu Ceper station in Tangerang and Soekarno-Hatta station.
However, starting from Jan. 19, the fare will be different for each departure station.
“The fare from Sudirman Baru station (BNI City station) to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport and vice versa remains Rp 70,000. While the fare from Batu Ceper station to the airport and vice versa is only Rp 35,000 (US$2.30),” said Haerul Anwar, Branch Communication Manager of Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, on Friday as quoted by Antara.
PT Railink has also increased the frequency of trains on the airport service, from 42 journeys to 50 trips every day.
"Passengers now have more flexibility in when they want to go to the airport, as trains are more frequent,” said Haerul. (roi)
- Muslim couple denied Swiss citizenship over handshake refusal
- US man charged with killing pregnant wife and two toddlers
- President, first lady celebrate Sumatran culture on Independence Day
- Google launches special features for Asian Games 2018
- Cricket hero Imran Khan sworn in as Pakistan PM
- National Folk Museum of Korea to bring ‘mobile museums’ to Asian Games
- US threatens more Turkey sanctions if pastor not freed
- Jokowi opens Asian Games in dazzling ceremony
- Asian Games: Japanese athletes, officials comfortable staying in athletes villag...
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program