Airport trains no longer have single fare
The Jakarta Post
Airport train operator, PT Railink is now applying different fares depending on which station passengers depart from, for journeys to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport.
Previously, the airport train had applied a single fare of Rp 70,000 (US$5.25) from all departure stations to the airport.
The airport train currently only serves three stations, Sudirman Baru (BNI City) station in Central Jakarta, Batu Ceper station in Tangerang and Soekarno-Hatta station.
However, starting from Jan. 19, the fare will be different for each departure station.
“The fare from Sudirman Baru station (BNI City station) to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport and vice versa remains Rp 70,000. While the fare from Batu Ceper station to the airport and vice versa is only Rp 35,000 (US$2.30),” said Haerul Anwar, Branch Communication Manager of Soekarno-Hatta International Airport, on Friday as quoted by Antara.
PT Railink has also increased the frequency of trains on the airport service, from 42 journeys to 50 trips every day.
"Passengers now have more flexibility in when they want to go to the airport, as trains are more frequent,” said Haerul. (roi)
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- To fast or not? Free of IS, Syrians in Raqa mark relaxed Ramadhan
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- After 20 years, tough road ahead
- Anwar Ibrahim's Jakarta visit packed with media interviews
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- How new antiterrorism law will change Indonesia's war on terror
- Jambi tribes may not be able to vote in upcoming elections
- Video of Malaysian PM Mahathir driving Proton Perdana goes viral
- Police nab ‘conspiracy theorists’ following Surabaya bombings