Narrow stress on ‘rule of law’ fails to protect peatland
Nirarta Samadhi and Dewi Tresya
It was a proud moment for Indonesia at the United Nations Climate Change Conference in Bonn, Germany, in November 2017, when world leaders, including former United States vice president Al Gore, praised Indonesia’s efforts to restore and protect peatland to mitigate climate change.
Such efforts, led by President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo, are indeed strategic and critical, especially in t...
- Bali to develop offshore airport
- Yogyakarta to transform into Indonesian Silicon Valley
- German arrested over alleged drug smuggling
- Winners of the 2018 Brit Awards
- Five feared dead, dozens buried in Brebes landslide
- Soul-searching as symbol of 70s Singapore faces demolition
- Bentley launches third generation Continental GT in Indonesia
- Indonesia introduces tax data integration system to boost transparency
- Provincial governments to maximize inter-province trade
- ‘Fire and Fury’: Desperately seeking the truth about Donald Trump