Saudi billionaire's daughter tweets joy after his release
The daughter of Saudi billionaire Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal on Sunday tweeted a picture of her father, expressing happiness at his release from detention, in the first reaction from a family member.
"You've lit up the world, you are my world," Reem bint Al-Waleed tweeted, posting a picture of her father sporting a beard.
Prince Al-Waleed, dubbed the Warren Buffett of Saudi Arabia, was the most high-profile detainee among 350 suspects rounded up since November 4, including business tycoons and ministers, who were held in Riyadh's luxury Ritz-Carlton hotel.
Detained for nearly three months, he was released on Saturday after striking an undisclosed financial agreement with the authorities, a government source said.
"The attorney general this morning approved the settlement with Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal," paving the way for his release, a government source told AFP on Saturday, without disclosing figures.
The prince is ranked among the richest people in the world, with Forbes once estimating his fortune to be worth $18.7 billion.
- A father’s love: Wiranto explains why his daughter wears niqab
- Ed Sheeran on BTS: ‘I think they are great’
- 6 kg of garbage found in dead whale's stomach in Wakatobi
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- Foreign investors allowed to own 100% shares in 25 business units
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- BLACKPINK’s Jennie sets records with ‘Solo’ videos
- Afghan refugees stage protest in Medan, asking to be sent to Oz, US
- Whale shark seen in Jakarta Bay
- Jokowi won't grant Nuril amnesty