Saudi billionaire's daughter tweets joy after his release
The daughter of Saudi billionaire Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal on Sunday tweeted a picture of her father, expressing happiness at his release from detention, in the first reaction from a family member.
"You've lit up the world, you are my world," Reem bint Al-Waleed tweeted, posting a picture of her father sporting a beard.
Prince Al-Waleed, dubbed the Warren Buffett of Saudi Arabia, was the most high-profile detainee among 350 suspects rounded up since November 4, including business tycoons and ministers, who were held in Riyadh's luxury Ritz-Carlton hotel.
Detained for nearly three months, he was released on Saturday after striking an undisclosed financial agreement with the authorities, a government source said.
"The attorney general this morning approved the settlement with Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal," paving the way for his release, a government source told AFP on Saturday, without disclosing figures.
The prince is ranked among the richest people in the world, with Forbes once estimating his fortune to be worth $18.7 billion.
- After stunning growth streak, Amazon ambitions seem boundless
- No instruction to bar Anies from pitch: Palace
- Romeo the lonesome frog is feelin' the love
- 'Do not test Israel', Netanyahu tells Iran, brandishing drone 'piece'
- Fidel Castro is not Trudeau's real father: Canadian govt
- Daddy Yankee gets the world dancing again with viral song
- Enjoying legendary 'Jenang' in Surakarta
- Philippines says in talks with China for joint sea exploration
- Seeking post-Brexit unity, EU leaders find more fights
- Saudi women to start own busines without male permission