Argentina searches for kidnap victim
The Jakarta Post
The Embassy of Argentina is seeking public assistance in locating a 7-year-old Argentine girl who was reportedly kidnapped in June 2017 and may now be in Indonesia.
Alum Langone Avalos is believed to have been brought into the country through Batam. The girl’s mother is asking for media attention on this case so she can bring her daughter home.
“Alum’s parents are separated and the mother, Elizabeth, was granted full custody of the child by the courts,” according to an embassy press release. “The father kidnapped Alum from her school and left Argentina illegally. The embassy confirms that [the father] was recently seen with the child in different locations in Malaysia and is believed to currently be in Jakarta.”
The embassy release said Elizabeth Avalos would shortly be traveling to Indonesia “to put an end to her eight months of misery.” It added that Indonesian authorities are cooperating in the search for the child and anyone with information can contact the embassy.
- After stunning growth streak, Amazon ambitions seem boundless
- No instruction to bar Anies from pitch: Palace
- 'Do not test Israel', Netanyahu tells Iran, brandishing drone 'piece'
- Romeo the lonesome frog is feelin' the love
- Fidel Castro is not Trudeau's real father: Canadian govt
- Daddy Yankee gets the world dancing again with viral song
- Philippines says in talks with China for joint sea exploration
- Enjoying legendary 'Jenang' in Surakarta
- Saudi women to start own busines without male permission
- Seeking post-Brexit unity, EU leaders find more fights