Argentina searches for kidnap victim
The Jakarta Post
The Embassy of Argentina is seeking public assistance in locating a 7-year-old Argentine girl who was reportedly kidnapped in June 2017 and may now be in Indonesia.
Alum Langone Avalos is believed to have been brought into the country through Batam. The girl’s mother is asking for media attention on this case so she can bring her daughter home.
“Alum’s parents are separated and the mother, Elizabeth, was granted full custody of the child by the courts,” according to an embassy press release. “The father kidnapped Alum from her school and left Argentina illegally. The embassy confirms that [the father] was recently seen with the child in different locations in Malaysia and is believed to currently be in Jakarta.”
The embassy release said Elizabeth Avalos would shortly be traveling to Indonesia “to put an end to her eight months of misery.” It added that Indonesian authorities are cooperating in the search for the child and anyone with information can contact the embassy.
- Women accused of assassinating Kim Jong Nam face key court ruling
- Tourists cause human traffic jam at Mt. Fuji
- Venezuelan general, colonel arrested over 'attack' on Maduro
- Prosecutors demand 1.5 years for Buddhist woman on ‘azan’ blasphemy charge
- Indonesian academics can now access e-journal databases worth $1m for free
- Malaysia to alter 'hideous' tourism logo featuring ape in shades
- 'Monster Hunter' on hold as China hits pause on new video games
- Saudi state carrier hit by system failure ahead of haj
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Madonna celebrates turning 60 in Marrakech