Argentina searches for kidnap victim
The Jakarta Post
The Embassy of Argentina is seeking public assistance in locating a 7-year-old Argentine girl who was reportedly kidnapped in June 2017 and may now be in Indonesia.
Alum Langone Avalos is believed to have been brought into the country through Batam. The girl’s mother is asking for media attention on this case so she can bring her daughter home.
“Alum’s parents are separated and the mother, Elizabeth, was granted full custody of the child by the courts,” according to an embassy press release. “The father kidnapped Alum from her school and left Argentina illegally. The embassy confirms that [the father] was recently seen with the child in different locations in Malaysia and is believed to currently be in Jakarta.”
The embassy release said Elizabeth Avalos would shortly be traveling to Indonesia “to put an end to her eight months of misery.” It added that Indonesian authorities are cooperating in the search for the child and anyone with information can contact the embassy.
- Planning to travel this Ramadhan? Try these Muslim-friendly apps
- Dugong sellers thwarted in West Sulawesi
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- Malaysian playboy financier in cross-hairs after poll upset
- Japan keeps word, gifts Akita dog to Russian skater Zagitova
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Indian child killer sentenced to death 23 days after arrest, raises fears over t...
- China gives airlines extension on one-nation rule for Taiwan
- Two Koreas’ leaders hold second summit: Cheong Wa Dae
- China to host Iranian president amid nuclear deal doubt