In photos: Landslides block road in Bogor's Puncak area
The Jakarta Post
Landslides resulting from heavy downpour are affecting locations in Puncak, a hilly area of Bogor, West Java, on Monday morning, forcing the authorities to temporarily close the road.
The affected locations include the areas next to the Atta’awun mosque, Riung Gunung, Grand Hill and Widuri.
Bogor Traffic Police chief Adj. Comr. Hasby Ristama was quoted by kompas.com as saying that the Puncak road was impassable, as some sections were completely blocked by rocks, mud and uprooted trees.
Hasby added police had rerouted the traffic via Sukabumi.
At least 100 traffic police officers have been deployed to organize traffic while workers from the Bogor administration are clearing the road. (dmr)
Landslides as a result of heavy downpour have affected locations in Puncak, a hilly area in Bogor, West Java, on Monday morning, forcing the authorities to temporarily close the road. (Antara/Yulius Satria Wijaya)Some officers work on fallen trees blocking the road in Puncak, Bogor, West Java, on Monday. (Kompas.com/Ramdhan Triyadi)A torrent of floodwater is seen at the Katulampa sluice gate in Bogor, West Java, on Monday. (Antara/Yulius Satria Wijaya)
- To fast or not? Free of IS, Syrians in Raqa mark relaxed Ramadhan
- Anwar Ibrahim's Jakarta visit packed with media interviews
- Saudis detain women's advocates ahead of driving ban lift
- Boy who could not wait for new phone burns down family's house
- Homes in East Lombok attacked, Ahmadis take refuge at police HQ
- Cuba confirms 110 killed in country's deadliest plane crash since 1989
- UGM launches app to help you help disaster victims
- Indonesia, South Africa organize forum to boost economic ties
- Anwar Ibrahim: Indonesia visit to celebrate ‘Reformasi’
- Trump, Moon discuss N. Korea's threat to scrap summit