In photos: Landslides block road in Bogor's Puncak area
The Jakarta Post
Landslides resulting from heavy downpour are affecting locations in Puncak, a hilly area of Bogor, West Java, on Monday morning, forcing the authorities to temporarily close the road.
The affected locations include the areas next to the Atta’awun mosque, Riung Gunung, Grand Hill and Widuri.
Bogor Traffic Police chief Adj. Comr. Hasby Ristama was quoted by kompas.com as saying that the Puncak road was impassable, as some sections were completely blocked by rocks, mud and uprooted trees.
Hasby added police had rerouted the traffic via Sukabumi.
At least 100 traffic police officers have been deployed to organize traffic while workers from the Bogor administration are clearing the road. (dmr)
Landslides as a result of heavy downpour have affected locations in Puncak, a hilly area in Bogor, West Java, on Monday morning, forcing the authorities to temporarily close the road. (Antara/Yulius Satria Wijaya)Some officers work on fallen trees blocking the road in Puncak, Bogor, West Java, on Monday. (Kompas.com/Ramdhan Triyadi)A torrent of floodwater is seen at the Katulampa sluice gate in Bogor, West Java, on Monday. (Antara/Yulius Satria Wijaya)
- West Jakarta early childhood school dismantled in front of students
- Nudist beach surfer punches shark to escape attack
- Three expat teachers detained in Balikpapan for visa violations
- Saudi Arabia admits Khashoggi killed in Istanbul consulate
- Gay couple arrested in Bandung as anti-LGBT wave grips W. Java
- US 'saddened' Saudi journalist dead, no mention of action
- Trump: Saudi explanation of Khashoggi death credible, 'important first step'
- Indonesia attracts buyers at Hamburg COTECA trade expo
- Extend odd-even policy
- Plastic piling up in Japan after China waste ban: Survey