In photos: Landslides block road in Bogor's Puncak area
The Jakarta Post
Landslides resulting from heavy downpour are affecting locations in Puncak, a hilly area of Bogor, West Java, on Monday morning, forcing the authorities to temporarily close the road.
The affected locations include the areas next to the Atta’awun mosque, Riung Gunung, Grand Hill and Widuri.
Bogor Traffic Police chief Adj. Comr. Hasby Ristama was quoted by kompas.com as saying that the Puncak road was impassable, as some sections were completely blocked by rocks, mud and uprooted trees.
Hasby added police had rerouted the traffic via Sukabumi.
At least 100 traffic police officers have been deployed to organize traffic while workers from the Bogor administration are clearing the road. (dmr)
Landslides as a result of heavy downpour have affected locations in Puncak, a hilly area in Bogor, West Java, on Monday morning, forcing the authorities to temporarily close the road. (Antara/Yulius Satria Wijaya)Some officers work on fallen trees blocking the road in Puncak, Bogor, West Java, on Monday. (Kompas.com/Ramdhan Triyadi)A torrent of floodwater is seen at the Katulampa sluice gate in Bogor, West Java, on Monday. (Antara/Yulius Satria Wijaya)
- Indonesia to regulate domestic coal price to curb electricity costs
- Government to set new coal price formula next week
- Jakarta to receive two MRT trains in March
- Sri Mulyani criticizes poor budget planning by government institutions
- Q&A: What you need to know about Ahok's case review petition
- Agnez Mo’s ‘Vogue US’ magazine is out
- Government halts all elevated projects
- Riau ups wildfire alert status
- 3 factories on Bekasi riverbank do not have permit to dispose of liquid waste
- Big Bad Wolf returns to Jakarta in March