In photos: Landslides block road in Bogor's Puncak area
The Jakarta Post
Landslides resulting from heavy downpour are affecting locations in Puncak, a hilly area of Bogor, West Java, on Monday morning, forcing the authorities to temporarily close the road.
The affected locations include the areas next to the Atta’awun mosque, Riung Gunung, Grand Hill and Widuri.
Bogor Traffic Police chief Adj. Comr. Hasby Ristama was quoted by kompas.com as saying that the Puncak road was impassable, as some sections were completely blocked by rocks, mud and uprooted trees.
Hasby added police had rerouted the traffic via Sukabumi.
At least 100 traffic police officers have been deployed to organize traffic while workers from the Bogor administration are clearing the road. (dmr)
Landslides as a result of heavy downpour have affected locations in Puncak, a hilly area in Bogor, West Java, on Monday morning, forcing the authorities to temporarily close the road. (Antara/Yulius Satria Wijaya)Some officers work on fallen trees blocking the road in Puncak, Bogor, West Java, on Monday. (Kompas.com/Ramdhan Triyadi)A torrent of floodwater is seen at the Katulampa sluice gate in Bogor, West Java, on Monday. (Antara/Yulius Satria Wijaya)
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program
- Madonna celebrates turning 60 in Marrakech
- What’s in store for final installment of BTS ‘Love Yourself’ saga
- Women accused of assassinating Kim Jong Nam face key court ruling
- 'Monster Hunter' on hold as China hits pause on new video games
- Coal production at 37.11 percent of full-year target
- Indonesian academics can now access e-journal databases worth $1m for free
- Remote China glacial lake bursts, no casualties
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia considers reducing imports of 500 consumer goods