App-based driver sexually assaults passenger
The Jakarta Post
A 27-year-old woman was reportedly sexually assaulted and then abandoned around Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Tangerang, Banten, on Monday.
Jakarta Police spokesperson Sr. Comr. Argo Yuwono said the incident occurred after the victim had ordered a ride through a smartphone app at around 4 a.m.
“The victim took a white Grand Livina [Nissan]. The driver did not take her to the destination but to a quiet, dark place,” Argo said Tuesday, as quoted by kompas.com.
The driver also reportedly stole the victim’s mobile phone.
Argo added that police were still investigating. (wnd)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Real Crazy Rich Asian wedding to cost $100 million
- Indonesia plans to make 30 percent biodiesel blend mandatory, studies B100
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- 21 tons of trash flows into Jakarta Bay daily: Researcher
- Indonesia launches One Map Policy to resolve land conflicts
- Wika announces development contracts in 10 countries
- Shopee BLACKPINK commercial too salacious, KPI says