App-based driver sexually assaults passenger
The Jakarta Post
A 27-year-old woman was reportedly sexually assaulted and then abandoned around Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Tangerang, Banten, on Monday.
Jakarta Police spokesperson Sr. Comr. Argo Yuwono said the incident occurred after the victim had ordered a ride through a smartphone app at around 4 a.m.
“The victim took a white Grand Livina [Nissan]. The driver did not take her to the destination but to a quiet, dark place,” Argo said Tuesday, as quoted by kompas.com.
The driver also reportedly stole the victim’s mobile phone.
Argo added that police were still investigating. (wnd)
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Florence death toll jumps to 31 as flooding wreaks havoc
- Trump hits China with tariffs on another $200b in goods
- Prosecutors call for Jambi rape victim to be punished to deter abortion
- Indonesia must improve its e-government
- Indian bishop accused of raping nun steps aside as arrest calls grow
- Payment of 'uang ketok palu' is tradition, councilors admit to corruption court
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Trump defends Supreme Court pick after sex assault allegation