App-based driver sexually assaults passenger
The Jakarta Post
A 27-year-old woman was reportedly sexually assaulted and then abandoned around Soekarno-Hatta International Airport in Tangerang, Banten, on Monday.
Jakarta Police spokesperson Sr. Comr. Argo Yuwono said the incident occurred after the victim had ordered a ride through a smartphone app at around 4 a.m.
“The victim took a white Grand Livina [Nissan]. The driver did not take her to the destination but to a quiet, dark place,” Argo said Tuesday, as quoted by kompas.com.
The driver also reportedly stole the victim’s mobile phone.
Argo added that police were still investigating. (wnd)
- After stunning growth streak, Amazon ambitions seem boundless
- Romeo the lonesome frog is feelin' the love
- Fidel Castro is not Trudeau's real father: Canadian govt
- Daddy Yankee gets the world dancing again with viral song
- No instruction to bar Anies from pitch: Palace
- 'Do not test Israel', Netanyahu tells Iran, brandishing drone 'piece'
- Seeking post-Brexit unity, EU leaders find more fights
- Saudi women to start own busines without male permission
- Philippines says in talks with China for joint sea exploration
- Amazon: from online book seller to market shaker