Fears law will allow House to silence critics
Nurul Fitri Ramadhani and Kharishar Kahfi
The Jakarta Post
Lawmakers have passed a contentious amendment that critics fear will stifle democratic debate in the country.
Through an amendment to the 2014 Legislative Institutions Law, also known as the MD3 Law, passed during a House of Representatives plenary session on Monday, the House agreed to the creation of an additional authority activists believe will enable lawmakers to silence their critics...
- After stunning growth streak, Amazon ambitions seem boundless
- Romeo the lonesome frog is feelin' the love
- Fidel Castro is not Trudeau's real father: Canadian govt
- Daddy Yankee gets the world dancing again with viral song
- No instruction to bar Anies from pitch: Palace
- 'Do not test Israel', Netanyahu tells Iran, brandishing drone 'piece'
- Seeking post-Brexit unity, EU leaders find more fights
- Saudi women to start own busines without male permission
- Philippines says in talks with China for joint sea exploration
- Amazon: from online book seller to market shaker