Fears law will allow House to silence critics
Nurul Fitri Ramadhani and Kharishar Kahfi
The Jakarta Post
Lawmakers have passed a contentious amendment that critics fear will stifle democratic debate in the country.
Through an amendment to the 2014 Legislative Institutions Law, also known as the MD3 Law, passed during a House of Representatives plenary session on Monday, the House agreed to the creation of an additional authority activists believe will enable lawmakers to silence their critics...
- 'Raped, killed because they are Rohingya'
- EDITORIAL: Government market intervention
- Earthquake hits Banjarnegara, kills one, destroys buildings
- City cannot restore all evicted areas: Sandiaga
- Jokowi agrees to drop 14 infrastructure projects, committee says
- Lesson from Go-Jek: Answer to Uber, Grab
- Indonesia warns Norway over CPO ban
- Bridge collapses in E. Java, overpass collapses in N. Sulawesi
- Millennial travelers: What’s trending in 2018
- Police investigate deadly overpass collapse in North Sulawesi