Actor Fachri Albar arrested for alleged drug possession
Callistasia Anggun Wijaya
The Jakarta Post
The South Jakarta Police arrested actor Fachri Albar on Wednesday morning for alleged possession of methamphetamine, marijuana and Dumolid, an anti-depressant.
Fachri was arrested at his house in the Serenia Hills residential complex in Cireundeu, South Jakarta, at around 7 a.m.
South Jakarta Police chief Sr. Comr. Mardiaz Kusin Dwihananto said the police confiscated a package of methamphetamine, marijuana, a bong and two strips of Dumolid from Fachri.
"We will have a press conference about this matter," Mardiaz said.
Fachri is the son of rocker Ahmad Albar and husband of model Renata Kusmanto.
He has starred in several films, including Alexandria in 2005, Kala (The Secret) in 2007 and Pintu Terlarang (Forbidden Door) in 2009.
- Setya Novanto pays $50,000 in restitution installment to KPK
- Me and my (porn) shadow: 'Spycam' epidemic seizes South Korea
- Indonesian tourism set to beat Thailand in 5 years
- Suspected HTI flag burning sparks controversy among Muslims
- Australia hits five Myanmar generals with sanctions
- Better or worse under Jokowi?
- US warships sail through Taiwan Strait
- UN committee slams French 'burqa ban' for 'violating' rights
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Four earthquakes strike off Canada's west coast