Actor Fachri Albar arrested for alleged drug possession
Callistasia Anggun Wijaya
The Jakarta Post
The South Jakarta Police arrested actor Fachri Albar on Wednesday morning for alleged possession of methamphetamine, marijuana and Dumolid, an anti-depressant.
Fachri was arrested at his house in the Serenia Hills residential complex in Cireundeu, South Jakarta, at around 7 a.m.
South Jakarta Police chief Sr. Comr. Mardiaz Kusin Dwihananto said the police confiscated a package of methamphetamine, marijuana, a bong and two strips of Dumolid from Fachri.
"We will have a press conference about this matter," Mardiaz said.
Fachri is the son of rocker Ahmad Albar and husband of model Renata Kusmanto.
He has starred in several films, including Alexandria in 2005, Kala (The Secret) in 2007 and Pintu Terlarang (Forbidden Door) in 2009.
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Muslim inmates fed pork during Ramadhan: Activists
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China
- Costly holiday
- BREAKING: Indonesia passes stronger antiterrorism law
- Government is representation of God on earth: State Palace official
- Indonesia shakes off nerves for Thomas Cup semifinal against China
- Malaysia's defeated UMNO party asks for its money back
- US wasted billions in failed Afghan stabilization efforts: official
- Everest's Hillary Step now a 'slope': Climber