Actor Fachri Albar arrested for alleged drug possession
Callistasia Anggun Wijaya
The Jakarta Post
The South Jakarta Police arrested actor Fachri Albar on Wednesday morning for alleged possession of methamphetamine, marijuana and Dumolid, an anti-depressant.
Fachri was arrested at his house in the Serenia Hills residential complex in Cireundeu, South Jakarta, at around 7 a.m.
South Jakarta Police chief Sr. Comr. Mardiaz Kusin Dwihananto said the police confiscated a package of methamphetamine, marijuana, a bong and two strips of Dumolid from Fachri.
"We will have a press conference about this matter," Mardiaz said.
Fachri is the son of rocker Ahmad Albar and husband of model Renata Kusmanto.
He has starred in several films, including Alexandria in 2005, Kala (The Secret) in 2007 and Pintu Terlarang (Forbidden Door) in 2009.
- Prosecutors demand 1.5 years for Buddhist woman on ‘azan’ blasphemy charge
- Malaysia to alter 'hideous' tourism logo featuring ape in shades
- Sony's new super-fast cameras are winning over the pros
- Iran unveils next generation missile: Media
- School boy, 14, runs for Vermont governor
- China designs spacecraft to extend lifespan of satellites
- Former S. Korea presidential hopeful acquitted in sex abuse case
- Tourists cause human traffic jam at Mt. Fuji
- Defending territorial integrity over Natuna islands
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world