Elementary school teacher arrested for allegedly molesting students
The Jakarta Post
A teacher at a state elementary school in West Jakarta has been arrested for allegedly molesting his students.
“The case is currently being investigated. I can’t disclose the chronology of the incidents just yet,” said a police spokesperson on Wednesday to wartakota.tribunnews.com.
A West Jakarta official said she had filed a report to the Jakarta Education Agency to decide on how the teacher should be sanctioned if he was found guilty.
“The agency is waiting for the legal process to determine whether [the teacher] is guilty of molesting his students,” she said.
Another teacher at the school said the suspect was an ordinary teacher who was never thought of as behaving suspiciously.
“He has never been involved in any problem. I’m not even sure if the accusation is true,” he said. (vla)
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Muslim inmates fed pork during Ramadhan: Activists
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China
- Costly holiday
- BREAKING: Indonesia passes stronger antiterrorism law
- Government is representation of God on earth: State Palace official
- Indonesia shakes off nerves for Thomas Cup semifinal against China
- Malaysia's defeated UMNO party asks for its money back
- US wasted billions in failed Afghan stabilization efforts: official
- Everest's Hillary Step now a 'slope': Climber