Elementary school teacher arrested for allegedly molesting students
The Jakarta Post
A teacher at a state elementary school in West Jakarta has been arrested for allegedly molesting his students.
“The case is currently being investigated. I can’t disclose the chronology of the incidents just yet,” said a police spokesperson on Wednesday to wartakota.tribunnews.com.
A West Jakarta official said she had filed a report to the Jakarta Education Agency to decide on how the teacher should be sanctioned if he was found guilty.
“The agency is waiting for the legal process to determine whether [the teacher] is guilty of molesting his students,” she said.
Another teacher at the school said the suspect was an ordinary teacher who was never thought of as behaving suspiciously.
“He has never been involved in any problem. I’m not even sure if the accusation is true,” he said. (vla)
- Sri Mulyani criticizes poor budget planning by government institutions
- KPK prosecutors demand five years for Nofel Hasan
- Trump denies kissing receptionist at Trump Tower
- Minister to evaluate Waskita’s board of directors over accident
- Q&A: What you need to know about Ahok's case review petition
- Thousands of teachers in Depok yet to receive monthly pay
- Black coffee and dark chocolate: Enjoying the after taste
- Britain's Queen makes surprise visit to London Fashion Week
- Indonesia prepares four fiscal incentives to boost investment
- Scapegoating the 'other' in Southeast Asia