Elementary school teacher arrested for allegedly molesting students
The Jakarta Post
A teacher at a state elementary school in West Jakarta has been arrested for allegedly molesting his students.
“The case is currently being investigated. I can’t disclose the chronology of the incidents just yet,” said a police spokesperson on Wednesday to wartakota.tribunnews.com.
A West Jakarta official said she had filed a report to the Jakarta Education Agency to decide on how the teacher should be sanctioned if he was found guilty.
“The agency is waiting for the legal process to determine whether [the teacher] is guilty of molesting his students,” she said.
Another teacher at the school said the suspect was an ordinary teacher who was never thought of as behaving suspiciously.
“He has never been involved in any problem. I’m not even sure if the accusation is true,” he said. (vla)
- West Jakarta early childhood school dismantled in front of students
- Indonesia attracts buyers at Hamburg COTECA trade expo
- Saudi Arabia's foreign minister to visit Indonesia
- In China's Catholic heartland, Vatican deal brings Communist Party closer
- The other side of Korea: Art, food and history
- Meikarta graft case: KPK searches residence of Lippo Group CEO James Riady
- FBI leaker jailed for four years
- Trump says Saudi journalist likely dead, warns of 'severe' response
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Japan to offer e-visa to tourists starting April 2020