Elementary school teacher arrested for allegedly molesting students
The Jakarta Post
A teacher at a state elementary school in West Jakarta has been arrested for allegedly molesting his students.
“The case is currently being investigated. I can’t disclose the chronology of the incidents just yet,” said a police spokesperson on Wednesday to wartakota.tribunnews.com.
A West Jakarta official said she had filed a report to the Jakarta Education Agency to decide on how the teacher should be sanctioned if he was found guilty.
“The agency is waiting for the legal process to determine whether [the teacher] is guilty of molesting his students,” she said.
Another teacher at the school said the suspect was an ordinary teacher who was never thought of as behaving suspiciously.
“He has never been involved in any problem. I’m not even sure if the accusation is true,” he said. (vla)
- US man charged with killing pregnant wife and two toddlers
- US threatens more Turkey sanctions if pastor not freed
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program
- President, first lady celebrate Sumatran culture on Independence Day
- Canadian killed, American wounded in Mexico shooting
- Yazidi 'ex-sex slave' trapped both in Iraq and in German exile
- Pilgrims descend on Mecca for 'smart haj'
- Chinese plane slides off Manila airport runway in heavy rain
- Madonna celebrates turning 60 in Marrakech
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world