Government reorganizes, reshuffles Pertamina
The Jakarta Post
The State-Owned Enterprises Ministry as a shareholder of state-owned energy company Pertamina reorganized and reshuffled the company’s board of directors after an extraordinary shareholders meeting in Jakarta on Tuesday.
Ministry spokesman Fajar Harry Sampurno said the objective of the move was to improve the company’s services to its customers.
The government recorded that customers often complained over its poor performance in distributing subsidized fuel and liquefied petroleum gas (LPG), he added.
“The scarcity of LPG and fuel has resulted in the reorganization of the company,” he said, adding that, beyond increasing production, Pertamina needed to serve its customer base.
After the reorganization and reshuffle, the job of Pertamina gas directorate was removed, causing gas director Yenni Andayani to lose her position.
Furthermore, marketing and corporate marketing directorates were established, with Muchamad Iskandar appointed as the corporate marketing director, as well as acting retail marketing director until the position is permanently filled.
The logistics, supply chain and infrastructure directorate is now led by Nicke Widyawati, who was also appointed as acting human resources development director.
After the change, members of Pertamina’s board of directors include president director Elia Massa Manik, finance director Arief Budiman, upstream director Syamsu Alam, asset management director Dwi Wahyu Daryoto, management director Toharso, investment and management planning director Resiko Gigih Prakoso and mega-project and petrochemical director Ardhy N. Mokobombang. (bbn)
- Let them eat quinoa: Malaysian PM mocked for being out of touch
- Study to challenge claim Indonesia second-biggest marine polluter
- BREAKING: PDI-P officially endorses Jokowi for 2019 presidential election
- Two injured in Louisiana university shooting
- Katy Perry: Her vibes on Jakarta's energy
- Booking.com reveals most affordable months to travel
- Anies remains tight-lipped after being reported to police
- Turkey navy 'threatens force' against Italy drillship: Cyprus
- Kaum Jakarta named capital's restaurant of the year
- Baby lobster smugglers arrested