Finance Ministry to auction off memorabilia of official figures
The Jakarta Post
For those of you who are fond of certain government officials, it is time to check whether your favorite figure has put their personal effects in a voluntary auction held by the Finance Ministry on Wednesday.
State assets director general Lukman Effendy said on Monday that 54 items will be publicly auctioned off, including personal collections, memorabilia and items owned by famous official figures.
Among the figures who have put their personal collections up for auction include Vice President Jusuf Kalla and his wife Mufidah, Finance Minister Sri Mulyani Indrawati, Foreign Minister Retno Marsudi, State-Owned Enterprises Minister Rini Soemarno and Transportation Minister Budi Karya Sumadi.
Lukman said Kalla and Mufidah had given 21 items, including woven collections, dresses, shoes and ties. Sri Mulyani’s items include her favorite Batik outfits, while Retno gave her handbag, a floppy hat she often wears when traveling abroad as well as a ceramic cookie jar from the Netherlands.
Other items to be auctioned off include ping pong badges, golf sets, paintings and an acoustic guitar.
“Anyone who fulfills the requirements can bid for the items, either directly in our auction at the National Gallery or through an e-Auction on our website,” he said at a press briefing.
Those who want to bid must pay a deposit and register using their ID and tax card, while those who want to bid online through the e-Auction can register on www.lelangdjkn.kemenkeu.go.id. (roi/bbn)
- A father’s love: Wiranto explains why his daughter wears niqab
- Ed Sheeran on BTS: ‘I think they are great’
- 6 kg of garbage found in dead whale's stomach in Wakatobi
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- Foreign investors allowed to own 100% shares in 25 business units
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- BLACKPINK’s Jennie sets records with ‘Solo’ videos
- Afghan refugees stage protest in Medan, asking to be sent to Oz, US
- Whale shark seen in Jakarta Bay
- Jokowi won't grant Nuril amnesty