RI, Russia strengthen security cooperation
The Jakarta Post
Indonesia and Russia have agreed to strengthen security cooperation during the 4th Bilateral Consultative Forum between the Coordinating Political, Legal and Security Affairs Ministry and the Secretary Office of the Russian Federation Security Council.
Coordinating Political, Legal and Security Affairs Minister Wiranto and Russian Security Council Secretary Nikolay Patrushev led their respective country's delegations at the meeting, which was held in Jakarta on Thursday.
The forum is an annual bilateral consultative event on law and security between the ministry and the Russian Security Council.
At the forum, officials discussed several law and security issues, including efforts to enhance cooperation in law enforcement, technical military expertise, cyber security, the eradication of terrorism financing and strengthening counter terrorism cooperation.
They also exchanged views on regional issues, according to a press statement issued by the ministry on Friday.
Officials also agreed to promote mutual understanding on the political, legal and security issues that have become their mutual concern.
“This shows the commitment of both countries to maintaining security and stability in the region,” a ministry spokesperson said. (ebf)
- Rain puts out forest fire on Mt Lawu
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Tourism's fatal warning
- Indonesia lists 180 missing on doomed ferry, launches underwater search
- Indonesia takes a bite out of food waste one wedding at a time
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- We deserve more choices