RI, Russia strengthen security cooperation
The Jakarta Post
Indonesia and Russia have agreed to strengthen security cooperation during the 4th Bilateral Consultative Forum between the Coordinating Political, Legal and Security Affairs Ministry and the Secretary Office of the Russian Federation Security Council.
Coordinating Political, Legal and Security Affairs Minister Wiranto and Russian Security Council Secretary Nikolay Patrushev led their respective country's delegations at the meeting, which was held in Jakarta on Thursday.
The forum is an annual bilateral consultative event on law and security between the ministry and the Russian Security Council.
At the forum, officials discussed several law and security issues, including efforts to enhance cooperation in law enforcement, technical military expertise, cyber security, the eradication of terrorism financing and strengthening counter terrorism cooperation.
They also exchanged views on regional issues, according to a press statement issued by the ministry on Friday.
Officials also agreed to promote mutual understanding on the political, legal and security issues that have become their mutual concern.
“This shows the commitment of both countries to maintaining security and stability in the region,” a ministry spokesperson said. (ebf)
- Thousands sign petition against sentence for Malaysian who abused maid
- Saudi Arabia beheads Indonesian worker despite Jokowi’s pleas for clemency
- Bottled water meets quality standards: BPOM
- Why the rich in Jakarta have better access to water than the poor
- Missing giant yellow duck found in Australia
- No condoms or cigarettes sold at Muslim convenience store in Depok
- Anies issues regulation simplifying process of shutting down entertainment spots
- Residents clash with police personnel in land execution in C. Sulawesi
- Singapore Airlines warns customers against air tickets scam
- Indonesian short film on oil palm industry enters international festivals