The dilemma of energy subsidies
The Jakarta Post
Low international oil prices over the past three years have greatly helped President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo to maintain prudent fiscal management, enabling him to slash fuel energy by one-third only one month after his inauguration in October 2014, and invest the annual savings of US$15 billion in infrastructure development.
Given the high volatility of oil prices and Indonesia’s posit...
- Jokowi gives green light for indigenous people bill deliberation
- Facebook post pushes Norway government to the brink of collapse
- Fatal accident on West Java toll road claims six lives
- Iron block falls at apartment project site in S. Jakarta, killing one
- UGM students sent to Asmat
- Kevin and Marcus reach thriller All England final
- French language eyes 'le comeback' as Britain leaves Europe
- Putin on track for commanding win as Russians head to polls
- Boxer dies 10 months after fight left him in a coma
- Opposition, NGO cry fraud in Russian polls