Land allocated to restore forests, ecosystem in Puncak
The Jakarta Post
Two tea plantation companies and state forestry company Perhutani have allocated land for forest restoration in an effort to rehabilitate the ecosystem Puncak, Bogor, West Java, which was previously the upstream area of Ciliwung river basin (DAS).
The tea plantation companies are PTPN VII Gunung Mas and Ciliwung, which are managed by tea company Sumber Sari Bumi Pakuan.
Together with Perhutani’s Bogor forest management office (KPH), the two companies are carrying out forest restoration programs with support from Forest Watch Indonesia, Bogor Agricultural University’s public service and research center and the Puncak Area Conservation Consortium.
The partnership has been formalized through the signing of an agreement between the companies and the consortium at PTPN VIII Gunung Mas on April 3.
Natural products: Members of the Cibulao Hijau Forest Farming Group demonstrate forest products at Gunung Mas meeting hall in Bogor, West Java, on April 3. (JP/Theresia Sufa)
Thomas Oni Veriasa, manager of Perhutani KPH Bogor’s program to mitigate the impact of climate change in the upstream area of DAS Ciliwung, said the company had allocated 30 hectares of land in Kampung Cibulao, North Tugu district, Cisarua, to cultivate coffee trees and forest plants through a community-based forest management scheme.
Meanwhile, PTPN VIII Gunung Mas allocated 125 ha of land for forest rehabilitation. This does not yet include 5,700 square meters of land provided to develop tree seedling estates.
Sumber Sari Pakuan, as the holder of the Ciliwung tea plantation’s land use permit, has agreed to work with the Puncak Area Conservation Consortium. It agreed to allocate around 35-40 ha of land for the cultivation of various coffee and fruit plants and trees, among others things. (ebf)
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Indonesia to free Bali Nine drug smuggler Lawrence: Official
- Government to issue new regulation on coal permits
- Garuda to reopen Jakarta-London route
- JT610 victim's bride takes wedding photo shoot without groom
- Bali authority denies report on JE viral infection outbreak
- Associate of close Trump adviser expects to be indicted by Mueller
- University student ‘pseudo poll’: LGBT behavior caused by keeping wrong company...