Man kills, robs navy veteran to buy jeans
The Jakarta Post
Police in South Jakarta have arrested a man who allegedly killed 83-year-old navy veteran Hunaedi at his house in Pondok Labu, South Jakarta, two days after stealing the victim’s Rp 3.2 million (US$233) pension money.
South Jakarta Police chief Sr. Comr. Indra Jafar said the perpetrator had broken into Hunaedi’s house and stolen the money on April 3 and had tried the same thing two days later.
“He used the money to pay his rent, buy jeans and other necessities,” Indra said on Friday, adding that the suspect worked as a parking attendant.
On April 5, the suspect knocked on Hunaedi’s house and immediately got into a fight after the latter opened the door. He banged Hunaedi’s head against the wall before stabbing the veteran in the left arm, the chest and the ribcage.
Police arrested the suspect in Pondok Labu during a brawl nearby on Wednesday, when officers spotted someone with identical features to the man recorded on CCTV near Hunaedi’s house.
“We brought him to the Cilandak Police,” Indra said. (ami)
- TV program under fire for showing protected giant clam being cooked
- Group touts Susi Pudjiastuti as Jokowi’s running mate
- New rule no 'carte blanche' for foreign workers: Minister
- Kate, wife of UK's Prince William, taken to hospital to give birth to third child
- Government issues revised regulation on tax holidays
- Palm oil exports fall by 14% in February: Gapki
- EDITORIAL: When interests collide
- Landslide damages house in Depok
- Indonesian-made messaging app Callind launches in Jakarta
- Driver named suspect after death of toddler in East Jakarta