Man kills, robs navy veteran to buy jeans
The Jakarta Post
Police in South Jakarta have arrested a man who allegedly killed 83-year-old navy veteran Hunaedi at his house in Pondok Labu, South Jakarta, two days after stealing the victim’s Rp 3.2 million (US$233) pension money.
South Jakarta Police chief Sr. Comr. Indra Jafar said the perpetrator had broken into Hunaedi’s house and stolen the money on April 3 and had tried the same thing two days later.
“He used the money to pay his rent, buy jeans and other necessities,” Indra said on Friday, adding that the suspect worked as a parking attendant.
On April 5, the suspect knocked on Hunaedi’s house and immediately got into a fight after the latter opened the door. He banged Hunaedi’s head against the wall before stabbing the veteran in the left arm, the chest and the ribcage.
Police arrested the suspect in Pondok Labu during a brawl nearby on Wednesday, when officers spotted someone with identical features to the man recorded on CCTV near Hunaedi’s house.
“We brought him to the Cilandak Police,” Indra said. (ami)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Real Crazy Rich Asian wedding to cost $100 million
- Indonesia plans to make 30 percent biodiesel blend mandatory, studies B100
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- 21 tons of trash flows into Jakarta Bay daily: Researcher
- Indonesia launches One Map Policy to resolve land conflicts
- Wika announces development contracts in 10 countries
- Shopee BLACKPINK commercial too salacious, KPI says