Man kills, robs navy veteran to buy jeans
The Jakarta Post
Police in South Jakarta have arrested a man who allegedly killed 83-year-old navy veteran Hunaedi at his house in Pondok Labu, South Jakarta, two days after stealing the victim’s Rp 3.2 million (US$233) pension money.
South Jakarta Police chief Sr. Comr. Indra Jafar said the perpetrator had broken into Hunaedi’s house and stolen the money on April 3 and had tried the same thing two days later.
“He used the money to pay his rent, buy jeans and other necessities,” Indra said on Friday, adding that the suspect worked as a parking attendant.
On April 5, the suspect knocked on Hunaedi’s house and immediately got into a fight after the latter opened the door. He banged Hunaedi’s head against the wall before stabbing the veteran in the left arm, the chest and the ribcage.
Police arrested the suspect in Pondok Labu during a brawl nearby on Wednesday, when officers spotted someone with identical features to the man recorded on CCTV near Hunaedi’s house.
“We brought him to the Cilandak Police,” Indra said. (ami)
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Instagram co-founders step down from company: NYT
- K-Pop stars BTS at UN urge world's youth to 'just speak yourself'
- China says can't hold US trade talks with 'knife to the throat'
- 'Scandal' website portrays Sandiaga Uno as womanizer
- The Indonesian kid who stirs the Hollywood Bowl: Malea Emma Tjandrawidjaja
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Iran in the spotlight as Trump, Rouhani set for UN clash
- US arrests Chinese national on spying charge