Man kills, robs navy veteran to buy jeans
The Jakarta Post
Police in South Jakarta have arrested a man who allegedly killed 83-year-old navy veteran Hunaedi at his house in Pondok Labu, South Jakarta, two days after stealing the victim’s Rp 3.2 million (US$233) pension money.
South Jakarta Police chief Sr. Comr. Indra Jafar said the perpetrator had broken into Hunaedi’s house and stolen the money on April 3 and had tried the same thing two days later.
“He used the money to pay his rent, buy jeans and other necessities,” Indra said on Friday, adding that the suspect worked as a parking attendant.
On April 5, the suspect knocked on Hunaedi’s house and immediately got into a fight after the latter opened the door. He banged Hunaedi’s head against the wall before stabbing the veteran in the left arm, the chest and the ribcage.
Police arrested the suspect in Pondok Labu during a brawl nearby on Wednesday, when officers spotted someone with identical features to the man recorded on CCTV near Hunaedi’s house.
“We brought him to the Cilandak Police,” Indra said. (ami)
- Local residents slaughter 292 crocodiles in Sorong farm
- Indonesia among world’s less stressed countries
- Government oversells PT Freeport Indonesia agreement
- Third coalition at stake after Muhaimin's maneuver
- A guide to understanding the Freeport divestment deal
- Densus 88 shoot dead three alleged terrorists in Yogyakarta
- Trump's trip to Europe: Top five highlights
- KPK raids PLN president director's house in Jakarta
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Saudi woman could be jailed for hugging pop star