Malaysian cycling team wins Tour de Lombok Mandalika 2018
The Jakarta Post
Team Sapura Cycling of Malaysia emerged as the overall winner in the three-stage 2018 Tour de Lombok Mandalika, which ended on Sunday.
Sapura Cycling clocked in at 29 hours, 18 minutes and 48 seconds to victory, followed by Indonesia KFC Cycling (29:36:39) in second place and Team Ukyo of Japan (29:40:37).
In the individual category, Alvaro Raul Duarte Sandova of Colombia, from Malaysia's Forca Amskin Team, secured the yellow jersey in the 2.2 tour event sanctioned by the Union Cycliste International (UCI). Sapura's Muhammad Zawawi of Malaysia and teammate Wilmar Zahir Perez Munoz finished in second and third, respectively.
The tour covered a total of 366 kilometers, taking routes that include tourist spots in Kuta, Sembalun and Mataram in Lombok, West Nusa Tenggara (NTB).
Eighteen teams from 24 countries took part in the event, which offered Rp 300 million (US$21,808) in prize money and UCI points, which are essential for cyclists to participate in other international races.
Besides Tour de Lombok Mandalika, Indonesia also regularly hosts UCI races, such as the Tour de Singkarak and Tour de Ijen Banyuwangi.
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Jakpost guide to Pasar Modern Bintaro
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- This is why you’re sweating during sleep
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Robin Williams possessions up for auction in New York