Malaysian cycling team wins Tour de Lombok Mandalika 2018
The Jakarta Post
Team Sapura Cycling of Malaysia emerged as the overall winner in the three-stage 2018 Tour de Lombok Mandalika, which ended on Sunday.
Sapura Cycling clocked in at 29 hours, 18 minutes and 48 seconds to victory, followed by Indonesia KFC Cycling (29:36:39) in second place and Team Ukyo of Japan (29:40:37).
In the individual category, Alvaro Raul Duarte Sandova of Colombia, from Malaysia's Forca Amskin Team, secured the yellow jersey in the 2.2 tour event sanctioned by the Union Cycliste International (UCI). Sapura's Muhammad Zawawi of Malaysia and teammate Wilmar Zahir Perez Munoz finished in second and third, respectively.
The tour covered a total of 366 kilometers, taking routes that include tourist spots in Kuta, Sembalun and Mataram in Lombok, West Nusa Tenggara (NTB).
Eighteen teams from 24 countries took part in the event, which offered Rp 300 million (US$21,808) in prize money and UCI points, which are essential for cyclists to participate in other international races.
Besides Tour de Lombok Mandalika, Indonesia also regularly hosts UCI races, such as the Tour de Singkarak and Tour de Ijen Banyuwangi.
- TV program under fire for showing protected giant clam being cooked
- Kate, wife of UK's Prince William, taken to hospital to give birth to third child
- New rule no 'carte blanche' for foreign workers: Minister
- Indonesian-made messaging app Callind launches in Jakarta
- EDITORIAL: When interests collide
- Driver named suspect after death of toddler in East Jakarta
- Kremlin, on possible missile delivery to Syria, says Western strike soured atmosphere
- Landslide damages house in Depok
- Beijing says 32 Chinese tourists killed in North Korea bus crash
- Palm oil exports fall by 14% in February: Gapki