Island focus: Authorities arrest alleged illegal loggers
The Jakarta Post
The West Kalimantan Police have named five individuals suspects after they were allegedly caught exploiting protected forests for timber on Mount Bawang in Bengkayang regency, West Kalimantan, an official has said.
“The five individuals have been charged under Law No. 18/2013 on the prevention and eradication of forest damage,” the West Kalimantan law enforcement task force head for the...
- Trump targeted by G-20 as leaders push back on combative tweets
- Supreme Court to decide on UK-Scotland Brexit standoff
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Yuval Noah Harari: '21 Lessons' from data, meditation to AI and 'Black Mirror'
- Indonesia soccer fans damage Asian Games stadium
- World Bank official drowns at Bali beach
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Four kids, riding motorbike without helmets, taught valuable lesson by cop
- One dead, suspect surrenders after US supermarket hostage drama
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games