World Health Day: A brief history of the BPJS Kesehatan
The Jakarta Post
The Health Care and Social Security Agency (BPJS Kesehatan) is the administrator for Indonesia’s national health insurance (JKN) health coverage program. With 195.2 million participants (as of April 1), it is one of the biggest programs of its kind in the world.
What makes the BPJS Kesehatan unique among insurance programs is that it emphasizes a cross-subsidy system, where the rich help...
- Merapi coffee shop draws tourists to Sleman
- Indonesia considers joining TPP-11
- Ants that 'explode' to fight foes discovered on Borneo
- Teacher charged with child abuse for slapping students
- Garuda Indonesia's Kartini Flight features all-female pilots, cabin crew, groundcrew
- Papuans celebrate womanhood in mangrove forest
- Janelle Monae plans dystopian film to accompany album
- North Korea's Kim promises no more nuclear or missile tests
- School accuses travel agency of fraud
- Female baristas serve free coffee at Jakarta Kota Station