Debates on Hizbut Tahrir Indonesia trending topic on Twitter
Gemma Holliani Cahya
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta State Administrative Court (PTUN) judicial panel’s decision on Monday to keep Hizbut Tahrir Indonesia (HTI) disbanded sparked a debate on Twitter and made HTI a top trending topic on Twitter.
Those against the decision tweeted hashtags such as #HTISiapBanding (#HTIReadyToAppeal), which has been used over 19,300 times, and #AllahBersamaHTI (#GodIsWithHTI), which topped the nation’s twitter trending topics with 156,000 tweets using the hashtag as of Monday afternoon.
“If you are against HTI, then you are not fighting HTI, but you become the enemy of God,” tweeted @GP_Sultra.
However, other hashtags like #TolakOrmasRadikal (#RejectRadicalOrganization) and #HTIBubar7Mei (#HTIDisbandsMay7) also became trending topics after being used by several accounts supporting the PTUN decision to uphold the HTI’s disbandment. #HTIBubar7Mei has been used over 24,100 times.
“This country doesn’t need HTI. Hubbul Wathan minal Iman [Loving one's homeland is part of faith] #HTIDisbandsForever,” tweeted @Kawuloalit1977, NdoroPercil.
#BangsainitidakbutuhHTI— Ndoro Percil (@Kawuloalit1977) May 7, 2018
Hubbul Wathan minal Iman #HTIBubarSelamanya#NKRIPancasilaTetapJaya#BubarkanHTISelamanya#JagaNKRITolakKhilafah#NKRIYesKhilafahNo #HTIKO#NKRIHargaMatiTolakHTI#HTIBubar7Mei#HTIresmiBUBAR pic.twitter.com/la39TSvk6G pic.twitter.com/cavgUPfjoF
The judicial panel, led by Tri Cahya Indra Permana, on Monday’s hearing said HTI's activities went against the Pancasila state ideology.
The panel also said the evidence proved that HTI had tried to spread caliphate teachings in an effort to alter the state ideology, even holding a caliphate conference in 2013 at Gelora Bung Karno Stadium in Jakarta. (evi)
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- Pence says US to partner in Papua New Guinea military base
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- US politician stands to win election by one vote
- Sexual harassment victim ordered to start prison sentence next week
- Govt looks to private employees to fill public jobs after 90 percent of applican...
- 'Moral panic' targets Indonesia's LGBT community