Debates on Hizbut Tahrir Indonesia trending topic on Twitter
Gemma Holliani Cahya
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta State Administrative Court (PTUN) judicial panel’s decision on Monday to keep Hizbut Tahrir Indonesia (HTI) disbanded sparked a debate on Twitter and made HTI a top trending topic on Twitter.
Those against the decision tweeted hashtags such as #HTISiapBanding (#HTIReadyToAppeal), which has been used over 19,300 times, and #AllahBersamaHTI (#GodIsWithHTI), which topped the nation’s twitter trending topics with 156,000 tweets using the hashtag as of Monday afternoon.
“If you are against HTI, then you are not fighting HTI, but you become the enemy of God,” tweeted @GP_Sultra.
However, other hashtags like #TolakOrmasRadikal (#RejectRadicalOrganization) and #HTIBubar7Mei (#HTIDisbandsMay7) also became trending topics after being used by several accounts supporting the PTUN decision to uphold the HTI’s disbandment. #HTIBubar7Mei has been used over 24,100 times.
“This country doesn’t need HTI. Hubbul Wathan minal Iman [Loving one's homeland is part of faith] #HTIDisbandsForever,” tweeted @Kawuloalit1977, NdoroPercil.
#BangsainitidakbutuhHTI— Ndoro Percil (@Kawuloalit1977) May 7, 2018
Hubbul Wathan minal Iman #HTIBubarSelamanya#NKRIPancasilaTetapJaya#BubarkanHTISelamanya#JagaNKRITolakKhilafah#NKRIYesKhilafahNo #HTIKO#NKRIHargaMatiTolakHTI#HTIBubar7Mei#HTIresmiBUBAR pic.twitter.com/la39TSvk6G pic.twitter.com/cavgUPfjoF
The judicial panel, led by Tri Cahya Indra Permana, on Monday’s hearing said HTI's activities went against the Pancasila state ideology.
The panel also said the evidence proved that HTI had tried to spread caliphate teachings in an effort to alter the state ideology, even holding a caliphate conference in 2013 at Gelora Bung Karno Stadium in Jakarta. (evi)
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Trump hits China with tariffs on another $200b in goods
- Florence death toll jumps to 31 as flooding wreaks havoc
- Prosecutors call for Jambi rape victim to be punished to deter abortion
- Indonesia must improve its e-government
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Payment of 'uang ketok palu' is tradition, councilors admit to corruption court
- Indian bishop accused of raping nun steps aside as arrest calls grow