Fuel consumption to jump 20 percent during Ramadhan, Idul Fitri: Agency
The Jakarta Post
The Downstream Oil and Gas Regulatory Agency (BPH Migas) has estimated that fuel consumption will increase by 20 percent during the fasting month of Ramadhan and the Idul Fitri holiday.
BPH Migas committee member M. Ibnu Fajar said the agency together with the Energy and Mineral Resources Ministry and state-owned oil and gas company Pertamina would increase the fuel stocks to meet the increasing demand.
The agency had identified fuel stations where the demand would increase significantly due to traffic congestion during the Idul Fitri exodus, Ibnu said on Thursday, as reported by kontan.co.id on.
Meanwhile, BPH Migas fuels director Setyorini Tri Hutami said that the 20 percent estimated increase in fuel consumption was based on the consumption during Ramadhan and Idul Fitri in 2017.
From January to April, the consumption of subsidized Premium gasoline reached 2.4 million kiloliters, meaning that the monthly consumption reached 600,000 kiloliters and therefore during Ramadhan and Idul Fitri consumption is projected to reach 720,000 kiloliters.
She said BPH Migas and Pertamina guaranteed that the fuel stocks could meet the increasing demand as the current Premium stock could cover the demand for 16 days, Pertamax for 25.5 days, Pertamax Turbo for 33 days, subsidized Solar diesel fuel for 26.5 days, avtur for 23.5 days and kerosene for 68 days.
Setyorini said the agency had held a number of meetings and had established a team and appointed officers who would be distributed to monitoring posts. (bbn)
- Tourists cause human traffic jam at Mt. Fuji
- Women accused of assassinating Kim Jong Nam face key court ruling
- Venezuelan general, colonel arrested over 'attack' on Maduro
- Prosecutors demand 1.5 years for Buddhist woman on ‘azan’ blasphemy charge
- Malaysia to alter 'hideous' tourism logo featuring ape in shades
- US believes missing journalist Tice still alive after six years
- Saudi state carrier hit by system failure ahead of haj
- Congresswoman-elect kidnapped in Mexico: Official
- Indonesian academics can now access e-journal databases worth $1m for free
- Asian Games torch relay route in Jakarta