I did it for fun, says hoax suspect
The Jakarta Post
East Jakarta Police have arrested MIA, 25, on allegations of disseminating false information regarding the discovery of a suspicious item in Santa Anna Parochial Church in Duren Sawit, East Jakarta, on Monday.
The information, that a backpack had been thrown at the church, was widely circulated on WhatsApp messaging app.
The police said they had received a call from an anonymous person about the finding.
Bomb squad members were deployed to only find that the information was false after finding nothing suspicious on the premises.
East Jakarta Police chief Sr. Comr. Tony Surya Putra said MIA was arrested at his house in Tambun, Bekasi, West Java, on Monday evening.
During a press conference on Tuesday, MIA told the police that he felt guilty about what he had done.
“I feel guilty. I just did it [disseminated the false information] for fun,” MIA said according to wartakota.tribunnews.com. (Cal)
- Japan to offer e-visa to tourists starting April 2020
- IMF chief postpones Middle East trip with Saudi stop
- For the sake of integrity
- Movie star Chow Yun-fat to give entire fortune to charity
- Fan Bingbing spotted for first time in months, outside Beijing airport
- Indonesia’s competitiveness improves, but still well below Singapore, Malaysia
- Lippo Group executive arrested in Meikarta bribery case
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- A year of Anies Baswedan
- Indonesia warns against Australia’s possible embassy move to Jerusalem