Trump says Melania 'doing really well' after kidney procedure
US President Donald Trump on Tuesday said his wife Melania is "doing really well" following a successful kidney procedure and will leave hospital within days.
First Lady Melania Trump had surgery on Monday morning for what aides called a "benign" kidney condition.
"Our great First Lady is doing really well. Will be leaving hospital in 2 or 3 days," Trump tweeted. "Thank you for so much love and support!"
Our great First Lady is doing really well. Will be leaving hospital in 2 or 3 days. Thank you for so much love and support!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 15, 2018
The Slovenia-born former model underwent an embolization procedure, said her communications director Stephanie Grisham.
Embolization is most frequently used to cut off the flow of blood to a tumor or growth.
It is common to stay overnight after the procedure to treat the pain.
- West Jakarta early childhood school dismantled in front of students
- Indonesia attracts buyers at Hamburg COTECA trade expo
- Saudi Arabia's foreign minister to visit Indonesia
- In China's Catholic heartland, Vatican deal brings Communist Party closer
- Saudi Arabia admits Khashoggi killed in Istanbul consulate
- Nudist beach surfer punches shark to escape attack
- Three expat teachers detained in Balikpapan for visa violations
- Meikarta graft case: KPK searches residence of Lippo Group CEO James Riady
- The other side of Korea: Art, food and history
- US 'saddened' Saudi journalist dead, no mention of action