Trump says Melania 'doing really well' after kidney procedure
US President Donald Trump on Tuesday said his wife Melania is "doing really well" following a successful kidney procedure and will leave hospital within days.
First Lady Melania Trump had surgery on Monday morning for what aides called a "benign" kidney condition.
"Our great First Lady is doing really well. Will be leaving hospital in 2 or 3 days," Trump tweeted. "Thank you for so much love and support!"
Our great First Lady is doing really well. Will be leaving hospital in 2 or 3 days. Thank you for so much love and support!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 15, 2018
The Slovenia-born former model underwent an embolization procedure, said her communications director Stephanie Grisham.
Embolization is most frequently used to cut off the flow of blood to a tumor or growth.
It is common to stay overnight after the procedure to treat the pain.
- Sony's new super-fast cameras are winning over the pros
- Iran unveils next generation missile: Media
- Trump endorses call for Harley-Davidson boycott
- S. Korean woman given rare jail term for spycam crime
- A-Pink to perform in Jakarta in September
- China designs spacecraft to extend lifespan of satellites
- Former S. Korea presidential hopeful acquitted in sex abuse case
- Two Austrians killed in French Alps glider crash: Official
- Who is Ma’ruf Amin, Jokowi’s running mate?
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world