Trump says Melania 'doing really well' after kidney procedure
US President Donald Trump on Tuesday said his wife Melania is "doing really well" following a successful kidney procedure and will leave hospital within days.
First Lady Melania Trump had surgery on Monday morning for what aides called a "benign" kidney condition.
"Our great First Lady is doing really well. Will be leaving hospital in 2 or 3 days," Trump tweeted. "Thank you for so much love and support!"
Our great First Lady is doing really well. Will be leaving hospital in 2 or 3 days. Thank you for so much love and support!— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) May 15, 2018
The Slovenia-born former model underwent an embolization procedure, said her communications director Stephanie Grisham.
Embolization is most frequently used to cut off the flow of blood to a tumor or growth.
It is common to stay overnight after the procedure to treat the pain.
- List of moderate Islamic preachers needed: Scholar
- US warns Syria of 'firm' action over southern offensive
- Colombia to become first Latin American NATO 'global partner'
- Pair of Japanese premium melons sell for record $29,300
- New Terrorism Law no silver bullet, says rights researcher
- Out of South Africa, reminiscing the indelible Eden
- Prisoners evacuated from flooded Pekalongan Penitentiary
- Police shut down illegal gold mines in Riau
- Dutch, Australia say Russia behind downing MH17
- France arrests two spies for passing secrets to China