Kalla’s third vice presidential bid now in hands of MK
Marguerite Afra Sapiie
The Jakarta Post
The Constitutional Court (MK) has begun a hearing on judicial review cases that could pave the way for Vice President Jusuf Kalla to run for a third time in the upcoming 2019 election.
On Monday, the court looked into two petitions filed by two individuals and two little-known civil society groups to challenge the 2017 Election Law, which bans a president and vice president from seeking a t...
- Anwar reassures Malays who fear losing racial advantage
- To fast or not? Free of IS, Syrians in Raqa mark relaxed Ramadhan
- Joey Alexander among '50 Asians to watch'
- After 20 years, tough road ahead
- Anwar Ibrahim's Jakarta visit packed with media interviews
- How new antiterrorism law will change Indonesia's war on terror
- Danish minister says Ramadan fasting can be 'dangerous'
- Jambi tribes may not be able to vote in upcoming elections
- Video of Malaysian PM Mahathir driving Proton Perdana goes viral
- Police nab ‘conspiracy theorists’ following Surabaya bombings