Suspected killer of girl in sack identified
The Jakarta Post
Bogor Police revealed on Friday that they had identified the suspected killer of Grace Gabriella Bimusu, 6, whose body was found lifeless in a sack.
Bogor Police general crime head Adj. Comr. Bimantoro Kurniawan said the suspect was the victim’s neighbor who had just graduated from junior high school. The suspect is 15 years old.
He revealed further that the killing took place on April 30 at the suspect’s house. The suspect, who was alone at the house, allegedly covered the victims’ nose and mouth and suffocated the child to death.
Bimantoro added that Grace’s body was put in a sack and that between 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. the suspect threw the body onto a nearby plot of land.
Residents found the body on Monday at 1.50 a.m.
“Allegedly, the suspect held a grunge against the victim’s parents who had insulted the suspect’s parents before,” said Bimantoro.
The suspect will be charged under articles 340 and 338 of the Criminal Code on premeditated murder and murder respectively, as well as Article 80 paragraph 2 of the Child Protection Law.
The suspect and parents have been taken into custody at the Bogor Police office for further questioning.(iwa)
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- 22 migrants missing off Morocco after boat capsizes
- 'Moral panic' targets Indonesia's LGBT community
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- Republican urges conservatives to run against Trump in 2020
- Trump says doesn't want to hear 'suffering' Khashoggi tape
- Govt looks to private employees to fill public jobs after 90 percent of applican...