Pertamina secures fuel supply for Idul Fitri in Malang
The Jakarta Post
State oil and gas company Pertamina Marketing Operation Region (MOR) V for East Java, Bali and Nusa Tenggara is ready to increase fuel stocks in several areas in East Java in anticipation of fuel demand increases during Idul Fitri.
Pertamina MOR V general manager Ibnu Chouldum said the company would increase the stock of fuels, which comprised subsidized fuel Premium, non-subsidized gasoline Pertalite and Pertamax and diesel, by around 15-25 percent for the upcoming Idul Fitri long holiday.
Ibnu said Pertamina had also prepared personnel to deliver fuel in several cities across East Java, such as Banyuwangi, Gresik, Kediri, and Malang, as well as the northern coastal areas.
“The consumption volume of all types of fuel in East Java stands at 18,268 kiloliters per day. During Ramadhan and Idul Fitri, we predict there will be between an 5-14 percent increase in daily fuel consumption. The peak of the fuel consumption will occur coinciding with the peak of homebound travel on June 9-12,” said Ibnu on Sunday.
“People don’t need to worry about fuel stocks over Idul Fitri in East Java. The supply is guaranteed ‘safe’.”
He said the available fuel stock at Pertamina’s Malang fuel terminal amounted to 55,000 kiloliters, a sufficient amount fulfill consumer demands during Ramadhan and Idul Fitri.
“The volume of all types of fuel distributed by the fuel terminal in Malang during Idul FItri amounts to 1,860 kiloliters per day on average,” said Ibnu. (ebf)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- Lion Air: a deadly crash and a whole lot of questions for Boeing
- Trump fires senior advisor at start of expected White House reshuffle
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- ASEAN’s priority: China
- 21 companies to relocate factories from Karawang over high wages
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high