Spain's Lorenzo wins Italian MotoGP
Spain's Jorge Lorenzo claimed his first MotoGP win of the season riding an Italian bike, a Ducati, at the Italian Grand Prix in Mugello on Sunday.
Italian teammate Andrea Dovizioso finished second with Italian Valentino Rossi, who had started off pole position, completing the podium in a Yamaha.
Spanish world champion Marc Marquez of Honda, remains top of the championship standings despite finishing way down after crashing early in the race.
Meawnhile, Portuguese KTM rider Miguel Oliveira snatched his first win in the MotoGP2 category this season at the Italian Grand Prix in Tuscany.
Oliveira, 23, started from 11th position but clawed his way back to finish ahead of Kalex riders Lorenzo Baldassarri of Italy and Spaniard Joan Mir at 0.184sec and 0.334sec respectively.
Oliveira -- second in the world championship standings -- closes the gap on overall leader Francesco Bagnaia (Kalex), who finished fourth on his home circuit.
Earlier, Spaniard Jorge Martin rode his Honda to a thrilling battle to the line in the MotoGP3 category.
- US man charged with killing pregnant wife and two toddlers
- US threatens more Turkey sanctions if pastor not freed
- Jokowi defends his infrastructure program
- President, first lady celebrate Sumatran culture on Independence Day
- Canadian killed, American wounded in Mexico shooting
- Yazidi 'ex-sex slave' trapped both in Iraq and in German exile
- Pilgrims descend on Mecca for 'smart haj'
- Chinese plane slides off Manila airport runway in heavy rain
- Madonna celebrates turning 60 in Marrakech
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world