City forms, inaugurates head of unit in charge of housing program
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta administration has formed a technical management unit (UPT) that will be in charge of the city’s zero rupiah down payment housing program.
On Friday, it named Zikran Kurniawan as the unit’s head.
Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan said Zikran was the right man for the job, especially in light of his previous experience.
“Previously, he was the director of housing finance and fund management at the Public Works and Housing Ministry and he was also at the Corruption Eradication Commission for almost 10 years,” he said.
“There are currently several possible schemes that we are developing. Of course, in the future, the system will most likely be segmented,” Zikran said.
He added that the financing scheme for the housing program would be a challenge in the future.
“People can pay in installments but the problem is that banks are asking for down payments. That’s the problem we want to overcome,” Zikran said as quoted by kompas.com. (acr)
- Google Search introduces new feature to reduce clicks
- Shots fired at US embassy in Ankara, no casualties
- Pontianak urges school closure for smog
- Asian Games: Poor ticket handling after spectacular opening
- BREAKING: Another 7-magnitude quake hits Lombok
- Asian Games: Flags rise again for swimming medalists after Sun's demand
- Trump lashes out at Russia probe as 'McCarthyism'
- Model claiming Trump secrets pleads not guilty in Thailand case
- Asian Games: We need more experience, says Indonesia wrestling team after failur...
- Four Japan athletes booted from Asian Games in prostitute scandal