City forms, inaugurates head of unit in charge of housing program
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta administration has formed a technical management unit (UPT) that will be in charge of the city’s zero rupiah down payment housing program.
On Friday, it named Zikran Kurniawan as the unit’s head.
Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan said Zikran was the right man for the job, especially in light of his previous experience.
“Previously, he was the director of housing finance and fund management at the Public Works and Housing Ministry and he was also at the Corruption Eradication Commission for almost 10 years,” he said.
“There are currently several possible schemes that we are developing. Of course, in the future, the system will most likely be segmented,” Zikran said.
He added that the financing scheme for the housing program would be a challenge in the future.
“People can pay in installments but the problem is that banks are asking for down payments. That’s the problem we want to overcome,” Zikran said as quoted by kompas.com. (acr)
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- Tourism's fatal warning
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Indonesia lists 180 missing on doomed ferry, launches underwater search
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Search on for dozens missing in Indonesia ferry sinking
- Indonesia takes a bite out of food waste one wedding at a time
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- Taliban kill 30 soldiers in first major attack since ceasefire, governor says
- Commentary: Another side of the elderly: You reap what you sow