City forms, inaugurates head of unit in charge of housing program
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta administration has formed a technical management unit (UPT) that will be in charge of the city’s zero rupiah down payment housing program.
On Friday, it named Zikran Kurniawan as the unit’s head.
Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan said Zikran was the right man for the job, especially in light of his previous experience.
“Previously, he was the director of housing finance and fund management at the Public Works and Housing Ministry and he was also at the Corruption Eradication Commission for almost 10 years,” he said.
“There are currently several possible schemes that we are developing. Of course, in the future, the system will most likely be segmented,” Zikran said.
He added that the financing scheme for the housing program would be a challenge in the future.
“People can pay in installments but the problem is that banks are asking for down payments. That’s the problem we want to overcome,” Zikran said as quoted by kompas.com. (acr)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Of legs and Pancasila: Two petitions battle it out over BLACKPINK ad
- Real Crazy Rich Asian wedding to cost $100 million
- Indonesia plans to make 30 percent biodiesel blend mandatory, studies B100
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- 21 tons of trash flows into Jakarta Bay daily: Researcher
- Indonesia launches One Map Policy to resolve land conflicts
- Wika announces development contracts in 10 countries
- Shopee BLACKPINK commercial too salacious, KPI says