City forms, inaugurates head of unit in charge of housing program
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta administration has formed a technical management unit (UPT) that will be in charge of the city’s zero rupiah down payment housing program.
On Friday, it named Zikran Kurniawan as the unit’s head.
Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan said Zikran was the right man for the job, especially in light of his previous experience.
“Previously, he was the director of housing finance and fund management at the Public Works and Housing Ministry and he was also at the Corruption Eradication Commission for almost 10 years,” he said.
“There are currently several possible schemes that we are developing. Of course, in the future, the system will most likely be segmented,” Zikran said.
He added that the financing scheme for the housing program would be a challenge in the future.
“People can pay in installments but the problem is that banks are asking for down payments. That’s the problem we want to overcome,” Zikran said as quoted by kompas.com. (acr)
- Japan to offer e-visa to tourists starting April 2020
- Meikarta graft case: KPK searches residence of Lippo Group CEO James Riady
- For the sake of integrity
- IMF chief postpones Middle East trip with Saudi stop
- Indonesia’s competitiveness improves, but still well below Singapore, Malaysia
- Movie star Chow Yun-fat to give entire fortune to charity
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Arsonist sentenced to 24 years for Texas mosque burning
- Fan Bingbing spotted for first time in months, outside Beijing airport
- Lippo Group executive arrested in Meikarta bribery case