69,000 vehicles of Idul Fitri travelers enter Central Java: Police chief
The Jakarta Post
Central Java Police chief Insp.Gen. Condro Kirono said on Monday that in the last three days, the number of vehicles entering the province via toll roads had reached 69,000.
“As of Monday morning, the number of vehicles passing through the Kertasari tollgate has reached 69,000. On Sunday, the number of vehicles using the toll road reached 32,000,” said Condro in Semarang.
On Friday, when a number of functional toll roads in Central Java started to operate, the number of vehicles reached 23,000. Functional toll roads are toll roads that are in the last stages of construction and operating to help reduce congestion during the holiday. Use of functional toll roads is free.
A stalled vehicle is pushed on the Salatiga-Kartasura functional toll road on June 11. (JP/Suherdjoko)
“Among the problems we face is a long line at the Kertasari tollgate, as well as at the Kuto River because the construction of a bridge has not been completed,” said Condro.
Condro said congestion also occurred on the Salatiga-Kartasura functional toll road, in which traffic police officers must manage the flow of traffic over the Kenteng Bridge because of a steep incline in the area. Vehicle passing the incline must use first gear,” said the police chief.
Condro said motorists using the Semarang-Salatiga operational toll road could exit at the Tingkir tollgate and enter national roads to continue their trips to Surakarta. “However, many of them want to experience driving on functional toll roads, including the steep incline in Kenteng.” (ebf)
- Japan to offer e-visa to tourists starting April 2020
- Meikarta graft case: KPK searches residence of Lippo Group CEO James Riady
- For the sake of integrity
- IMF chief postpones Middle East trip with Saudi stop
- Indonesia’s competitiveness improves, but still well below Singapore, Malaysia
- Movie star Chow Yun-fat to give entire fortune to charity
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Arsonist sentenced to 24 years for Texas mosque burning
- Fan Bingbing spotted for first time in months, outside Beijing airport
- Lippo Group executive arrested in Meikarta bribery case