Family perishes while travelling for Idul Fitri in Bogor
The Jakarta Post
A traffic accident during the height of the Idul Fitri exodus on Jl. Raya Tajur in Bogor, West Java, between a motorcyclist and a minibus cost the lives of a family on Wednesday.
The victims—who were traveling by motorcycle to Cilacap in Central Java—were 26-year-old Rayitno, 26-year-old Sumarni, and one child who had yet to be identified, according to Bogor Police spokesperson Adj. Comr. Yuni Astuti.
“The victims were one family, consisting of a father, mother and child, who were traveling [together on the motorcycle]; they had luggage, clothes stored in a bag and identity cards.” Yuni said, adding that the police had confiscated the vehicles involved in the accident as evidence and had arrested the minibus driver.
Yuni said the victims had fallen from the motorcycle after brushing with another vehicle in front of them, before the minibus came from the opposite direction at the same time.
“This case is being handled by the Bogor Police traffic accident unit,” Yuni said. (acr)
- Nudist beach surfer punches shark to escape attack
- West Jakarta early childhood school dismantled in front of students
- Three expat teachers detained in Balikpapan for visa violations
- Gay couple arrested in Bandung as anti-LGBT wave grips W. Java
- Saudi Arabia admits Khashoggi killed in Istanbul consulate
- Trump: Saudi explanation of Khashoggi death credible, 'important first step'
- US 'saddened' Saudi journalist dead, no mention of action
- Indonesia attracts buyers at Hamburg COTECA trade expo
- Here comes Bui Squad: Palu inmates help earthquake, tsunami survivors
- Extend odd-even policy