Family perishes while travelling for Idul Fitri in Bogor
The Jakarta Post
A traffic accident during the height of the Idul Fitri exodus on Jl. Raya Tajur in Bogor, West Java, between a motorcyclist and a minibus cost the lives of a family on Wednesday.
The victims—who were traveling by motorcycle to Cilacap in Central Java—were 26-year-old Rayitno, 26-year-old Sumarni, and one child who had yet to be identified, according to Bogor Police spokesperson Adj. Comr. Yuni Astuti.
“The victims were one family, consisting of a father, mother and child, who were traveling [together on the motorcycle]; they had luggage, clothes stored in a bag and identity cards.” Yuni said, adding that the police had confiscated the vehicles involved in the accident as evidence and had arrested the minibus driver.
Yuni said the victims had fallen from the motorcycle after brushing with another vehicle in front of them, before the minibus came from the opposite direction at the same time.
“This case is being handled by the Bogor Police traffic accident unit,” Yuni said. (acr)
- Using the best of Security Council membership for Palestine-Israel conflict
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Tourism's fatal warning
- Indonesia lists 180 missing on doomed ferry, launches underwater search
- 8-meter python slain after swallowing woman in Southeast Sulawesi
- Indonesia takes a bite out of food waste one wedding at a time
- Search on for dozens missing in Indonesia ferry sinking
- Jakpost guide to bookworm havens
- Malaysia's Najib explains why he had so many luxury handbags, lots of cash, jewe...
- Taliban kill 30 soldiers in first major attack since ceasefire, governor says