Industry minister meets politicians, businessmen in Idul Fitri 'open house'
Stefanno Reinard Sulaiman
The Jakarta Post
Industry Minister Airlangga Hartarto hosted an Idul Fitri celebration on Friday evening with top Golkar Party members, government officials and industry players.
The event was held at his official residence in Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta.
Airlangga shared his thoughts on this year's celebration by saying it was a moment to cleanse all sins in order to be successful.
"It [success] is a meaning that I believe in and I hope it will happen to us in the election next year," he said.
The minister, who is also Golkar's chairman, opened his doors at 7 p.m. and welcomed his guests. He was accompanied by his wife and children.
Among the guests were Golkar board of commissioners chairman Aburizal Bakrie, House of Representatives Speaker Bambang Soesatyo, House Commission VII member Fadel Muhammad, Jakarta Deputy Governor Sandiaga Uno, PT Freeport Indonesia president director Tony Wenas and the State-Owned Enterprises Ministry's undersecretary for mining, strategic industries and media affairs Fajar Harry Sampurno.
Airlangga served his guests with various local and foreign dishes. (dmr)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Lippo's Karawaci flooded, Pejaten Village catches fire
- ASEAN’s priority: China
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- US pilots say Boeing didn’t warn of 737 feature tied to crash
- Passenger demands window seat, gets amusing response from flight attendant
- 21 companies to relocate factories from Karawang over high wages
- Macron the latest US ally insulted by Trump