Industry minister meets politicians, businessmen in Idul Fitri 'open house'
Stefanno Reinard Sulaiman
The Jakarta Post
Industry Minister Airlangga Hartarto hosted an Idul Fitri celebration on Friday evening with top Golkar Party members, government officials and industry players.
The event was held at his official residence in Kebayoran Baru, South Jakarta.
Airlangga shared his thoughts on this year's celebration by saying it was a moment to cleanse all sins in order to be successful.
"It [success] is a meaning that I believe in and I hope it will happen to us in the election next year," he said.
The minister, who is also Golkar's chairman, opened his doors at 7 p.m. and welcomed his guests. He was accompanied by his wife and children.
Among the guests were Golkar board of commissioners chairman Aburizal Bakrie, House of Representatives Speaker Bambang Soesatyo, House Commission VII member Fadel Muhammad, Jakarta Deputy Governor Sandiaga Uno, PT Freeport Indonesia president director Tony Wenas and the State-Owned Enterprises Ministry's undersecretary for mining, strategic industries and media affairs Fajar Harry Sampurno.
Airlangga served his guests with various local and foreign dishes. (dmr)
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- New bombshell revives debate on Trump fitness for office
- Truck full of bodies draws Mexicans searching for relatives
- Top Muhammadiyah figure resigns as Jokowi’s special envoy
- Trump outburst over Kavanaugh's female accuser sparks hashtag trend
- First to red planet will become Martians: Canada astronaut
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- China's bullet trains are coming for Hong Kong's airlines