Tax penalty amnesty during Jakarta’s anniversary
The Jakarta Post
The Jakarta administration has implemented a vehicle tax penalty amnesty from June 22 to July 21 as part of the city’s 491st anniversary celebrations.
Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan said residents would be exempt from tax penalties during the period. Jakarta's anniversary falls on June 22.
He added the city’s Tax and Levy board (BPRD) was working as usual to serve residents who wanted to pay their vehicle tax during the simultaneous regional elections on Wednesday.
“The holiday did not make us, the city administration, rest. We serve residents who want to pay their vehicle tax,” Anies said on Wednesday as quoted by kompas.com.
The city administration also allowed Jakarta residents to enter public museums in Jakarta for free on Wednesday for the city's birthday.
The management of Taman Impian Jaya Ancol (Ancol Dreamland Park) in North Jakarta also charged no entrance fee for Jakarta residents on Wednesday. (cal)
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- 'Cek Toko Sebelah' to be screened in Chinese cinemas
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- New bombshell revives debate on Trump fitness for office
- US court rules for Colorado 'intersex' veteran denied passport
- US sanctions Chinese military unit for buying Russian jets, missiles
- Truck full of bodies draws Mexicans searching for relatives
- Groups welcome Jokowi’s palm plantation moratorium
- Trump outburst over Kavanaugh's female accuser sparks hashtag trend
- Jokowi imposes moratorium on palm oil plantations