Oversized trailer crashes into bridge, no casualties reported
The Jakarta Post
An oversized trailer crashed into a pedestrian bridge over the Jakarta Outer Ring Road on Thursday afternoon, forcing authorities to close one lane of the road for safety reasons.
No casualties were reported, but debris from the bridge had landed on two passing vehicles.
The trailer, which was driven by Adi Haryadi, 40, was transporting drilling tools belonging to mining company PT Haliburton.
The road's operator, PT Jalantol Lingkarluar Jakarta (JLJ), will install poles on the road’s median strip to prevent the bridge from falling. Furthermore, it called on road users to comply with rules on vehicle dimensions.
The case was handed to the Jakarta Police, tribunnews.com reported on Friday. (vny)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Lippo's Karawaci flooded, Pejaten Village catches fire
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- ASEAN’s priority: China
- Passenger demands window seat, gets amusing response from flight attendant
- US pilots say Boeing didn’t warn of 737 feature tied to crash
- Macron the latest US ally insulted by Trump
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- Cutting out rice not enough: More lifestyle changes needed to prevent diabetes