Police identify Cempaka Putih fatal robbery suspect
The Jakarta Post
Local police claim to have discovered the identity of the suspect who pulled a woman off a moving motorcycle and killed her during an alleged robbery on Sunday in Cempaka Putih, Central Jakarta.
CCTV footage of the incident went viral on social media earlier this week. The footage shows the passenger of a ride-hailing ojek (motorcycle taxi), later identified as Warsilah, falling from the moving vehicle as she holds onto her bag, apparently to prevent the suspected thief from snatching it.
"We have discovered his [the perpetrator's] identity," said Cempaka Putih Police chief Comr. Rosiana Nurwidajati, as quoted by kompas.com. "We are continuing with our investigation," she added.
"As far as we know, there was only one perpetrator. We don't yet know whether he was part of a larger group," she said. (rfa)
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- Flights not yet affected by Mt. Anak Krakatau eruption, authorities say
- Journalist murdered in Mexico, ninth of 2018
- Huawei gives free power banks to people queuing for new iPhone
- Nike-Kaepernick: A marriage of ideals?
- Brotherhood chief, 65 others get life for Egypt attack
- Death of Persija fan at hands of Persib hooligans sparks outrage