Police identify Cempaka Putih fatal robbery suspect
The Jakarta Post
Local police claim to have discovered the identity of the suspect who pulled a woman off a moving motorcycle and killed her during an alleged robbery on Sunday in Cempaka Putih, Central Jakarta.
CCTV footage of the incident went viral on social media earlier this week. The footage shows the passenger of a ride-hailing ojek (motorcycle taxi), later identified as Warsilah, falling from the moving vehicle as she holds onto her bag, apparently to prevent the suspected thief from snatching it.
"We have discovered his [the perpetrator's] identity," said Cempaka Putih Police chief Comr. Rosiana Nurwidajati, as quoted by kompas.com. "We are continuing with our investigation," she added.
"As far as we know, there was only one perpetrator. We don't yet know whether he was part of a larger group," she said. (rfa)
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- Pence says US to partner in Papua New Guinea military base
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- US politician stands to win election by one vote
- Sexual harassment victim ordered to start prison sentence next week
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Number of missing in California fire soars past 1,000 as Trump set to visit
- CIA concludes Saudi Crown Prince behind Khashoggi murder: report
- Minister Wiranto's grandson drowns in garden pond
- After Gabo book purge, Kuwait bans Dostoyevsky