Two killed in Central Jakarta motorcycle accident
The Jakarta Post
Two people were killed early on Wednesday, when the motorcycle they were riding crashed into the Transjakarta busway separator on Jl. Gunung Sahari, Central Jakarta.
Central Jakarta Police traffic head Sr. Adj. Comr. Juang said the two fatal victims had lost control of the vehicle while allegedly driving under the influence.
The victims have been identified as Wisnu, 21, and Aris, 25.
“They had been drinking. [Their motorcycle] hit a busway separator and were killed,” Juang said on Wednesday as quoted by kompas.com.
Juang said that the victims were speeding along Jl. Gunung Sahari at around 3 a.m. on Wednesday, when they hit the busway separator and were thrown a few meters.
The victims, who were not wearing helmets at the time, suffered severe head injuries from impacting the road, and died at the scene of the accident.
Juang said that the victims' bodies had been taken to Cipto Mangunkusumo Hospital. (ami)
- Surfer severely mauled by shark in Australia
- Jakarta sinking fast: Experts
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Hummingbirds thrive at innovative Mexico gardens
- They played dead on the ground: Survivor recounts OPM massacre
- Prabowo answers all your burning questions in his little blue book
- Garuda Indonesia takes passengers on trip to 1980s
- Don’t panic: Indonesian ‘cendol’ different from Singaporean ‘cendol’
- Sexual harassment in the sky: Hong Kong flight attendants fight back
- Women accuse famous Brazil spiritual 'healer' of sex abuse