Two killed in Central Jakarta motorcycle accident
The Jakarta Post
Two people were killed early on Wednesday, when the motorcycle they were riding crashed into the Transjakarta busway separator on Jl. Gunung Sahari, Central Jakarta.
Central Jakarta Police traffic head Sr. Adj. Comr. Juang said the two fatal victims had lost control of the vehicle while allegedly driving under the influence.
The victims have been identified as Wisnu, 21, and Aris, 25.
“They had been drinking. [Their motorcycle] hit a busway separator and were killed,” Juang said on Wednesday as quoted by kompas.com.
Juang said that the victims were speeding along Jl. Gunung Sahari at around 3 a.m. on Wednesday, when they hit the busway separator and were thrown a few meters.
The victims, who were not wearing helmets at the time, suffered severe head injuries from impacting the road, and died at the scene of the accident.
Juang said that the victims' bodies had been taken to Cipto Mangunkusumo Hospital. (ami)
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- India launches 'Modicare', world's biggest health scheme
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- China's bullet trains are coming for Hong Kong's airlines
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- Attempt to send underage prostitutes to Bali ends at airport: Police