Two killed in Central Jakarta motorcycle accident
The Jakarta Post
Two people were killed early on Wednesday, when the motorcycle they were riding crashed into the Transjakarta busway separator on Jl. Gunung Sahari, Central Jakarta.
Central Jakarta Police traffic head Sr. Adj. Comr. Juang said the two fatal victims had lost control of the vehicle while allegedly driving under the influence.
The victims have been identified as Wisnu, 21, and Aris, 25.
“They had been drinking. [Their motorcycle] hit a busway separator and were killed,” Juang said on Wednesday as quoted by kompas.com.
Juang said that the victims were speeding along Jl. Gunung Sahari at around 3 a.m. on Wednesday, when they hit the busway separator and were thrown a few meters.
The victims, who were not wearing helmets at the time, suffered severe head injuries from impacting the road, and died at the scene of the accident.
Juang said that the victims' bodies had been taken to Cipto Mangunkusumo Hospital. (ami)
- Trump targeted by G-20 as leaders push back on combative tweets
- Supreme Court to decide on UK-Scotland Brexit standoff
- Some countries buying Russian gear deserve sanctions waivers: Mattis
- Yuval Noah Harari: '21 Lessons' from data, meditation to AI and 'Black Mirror'
- Indonesia soccer fans damage Asian Games stadium
- Thousands protest Australia's refugee detention policy
- Four kids, riding motorbike without helmets, taught valuable lesson by cop
- World Bank official drowns at Bali beach
- One dead, suspect surrenders after US supermarket hostage drama
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games