Island focus: Raja Ampat named customary fishing area
The Jakarta Post
Indigenous communities from 19 villages in the Dampier Strait Marine Protection Area (MPA), Raja Ampat Islands, West Papua, declared on Tuesday a customary fishing area in the regency, asserting their commitment to conserving marine ecosystems and utilizing resources in a sustainable manner.
“The customary fishing area in Raja Ampat is a system that regulates members of the indigenous May...
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Obama dancing in Kenya sends world aflutter
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- China seizes 156 mammoth tusks in huge ivory haul
- S.Korean court hands former president Park another 8 years in jail
- 'Mass casualty incident' after Missouri tourist boat capsizes
- Former Hong Kong leader jailed again for misconduct
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- Who is TGB, Jokowi’s strongest ally against sectarianism?