Protection money for Trump
The Jakarta Post
The government not only needs to mitigate any potential impact on the Indonesian economy from United States President Donald Trump’s global trade war; it also has to anticipate a possible arms race among major Asian nations, given Trump’s repeated warnings to US allies in the region, including Japan and South Korea, that they must pay more for the protection they receive from the US.
- Student allegedly paralyzed after being told to do 120 jump squats as punishment
- Obama dancing in Kenya sends world aflutter
- Too ugly, too smelly: Jakarta covers up ‘Black River’ for Asian Games
- Russian tourist allegedly gang-raped in India
- China seizes 156 mammoth tusks in huge ivory haul
- S.Korean court hands former president Park another 8 years in jail
- 'Mass casualty incident' after Missouri tourist boat capsizes
- Former Hong Kong leader jailed again for misconduct
- Jambi girl imprisoned for abortion after being raped by brother
- Who is TGB, Jokowi’s strongest ally against sectarianism?