North Jakarta gang leader runs four handphone kiosks: Police
The Jakarta Post
The leader of the notorious Tenda Oranye (Orange tent) network of muggers, who is currently at large, runs four kiosks, at which he sells the phones the gang snatches in its operations, the police have said.
"He is the mugger who also serves as a fence who owns four phone shops," West Jakarta Police special crime unit chief Adj. Sr. Comr. Rulian Syauri told tempo.co recently.
The gang's headquarters are reportedly located in Teluk Gong, North Jakarta, where they gather the stolen items and plan their operations.
Rulian said the gang leader escaped during a police raid and he has since been put on the police’s wanted list.
He added that the gang was dangerous as members always carried knives when carrying out operations. (fac)
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Lippo's Karawaci flooded, Pejaten Village catches fire
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- ASEAN’s priority: China
- Passenger demands window seat, gets amusing response from flight attendant
- US pilots say Boeing didn’t warn of 737 feature tied to crash
- Macron the latest US ally insulted by Trump
- Cutting out rice not enough: More lifestyle changes needed to prevent diabetes
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements