North Jakarta gang leader runs four handphone kiosks: Police
The Jakarta Post
The leader of the notorious Tenda Oranye (Orange tent) network of muggers, who is currently at large, runs four kiosks, at which he sells the phones the gang snatches in its operations, the police have said.
"He is the mugger who also serves as a fence who owns four phone shops," West Jakarta Police special crime unit chief Adj. Sr. Comr. Rulian Syauri told tempo.co recently.
The gang's headquarters are reportedly located in Teluk Gong, North Jakarta, where they gather the stolen items and plan their operations.
Rulian said the gang leader escaped during a police raid and he has since been put on the police’s wanted list.
He added that the gang was dangerous as members always carried knives when carrying out operations. (fac)
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- New bombshell revives debate on Trump fitness for office
- Truck full of bodies draws Mexicans searching for relatives
- Top Muhammadiyah figure resigns as Jokowi’s special envoy
- Trump outburst over Kavanaugh's female accuser sparks hashtag trend
- First to red planet will become Martians: Canada astronaut
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Police probe new drug rape claims against US doctor, girlfriend