Molotov cocktail reportedly hits PKS politician’s residence in Bekasi
The Jakarta Post
Unknown assailants have reportedly thrown a Molotov cocktail at the residence of Prosperous Justice Party (PKS) politician Mardani Ali Sera in Bekasi, West Java.
The attack on Jl. KH Ahmad Madani in the Pondok Gede area took place at around 3 a.m. on Thursday.
Bekasi Police chief Sr. Comr. Indarto confirmed the incident, adding that the motive behind it was unknown.
“There was indeed a Molotov cocktail [thrown at Mardani’s residence], but no one was hurt, nothing was damaged,” he said, as quoted by tempo.co on Thursday.
Mardani and his family were informed of the attack in the morning after they found a broken glass bottle on their lawn, according to Indarto. The fire from the explosive is believed to have died out as soon as the bottle was thrown.
Mardani currently serves as the head of the PKS central board. He has been named as a potential vice-presidential candidate to be paired with presidential candidate Prabowo Subianto in next year’s election. (rfa)
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Indonesia to free Bali Nine drug smuggler Lawrence: Official
- Government to issue new regulation on coal permits
- Garuda to reopen Jakarta-London route
- JT610 victim's bride takes wedding photo shoot without groom
- Bali authority denies report on JE viral infection outbreak
- Associate of close Trump adviser expects to be indicted by Mueller
- University student ‘pseudo poll’: LGBT behavior caused by keeping wrong company...