Molotov cocktail reportedly hits PKS politician’s residence in Bekasi
The Jakarta Post
Unknown assailants have reportedly thrown a Molotov cocktail at the residence of Prosperous Justice Party (PKS) politician Mardani Ali Sera in Bekasi, West Java.
The attack on Jl. KH Ahmad Madani in the Pondok Gede area took place at around 3 a.m. on Thursday.
Bekasi Police chief Sr. Comr. Indarto confirmed the incident, adding that the motive behind it was unknown.
“There was indeed a Molotov cocktail [thrown at Mardani’s residence], but no one was hurt, nothing was damaged,” he said, as quoted by tempo.co on Thursday.
Mardani and his family were informed of the attack in the morning after they found a broken glass bottle on their lawn, according to Indarto. The fire from the explosive is believed to have died out as soon as the bottle was thrown.
Mardani currently serves as the head of the PKS central board. He has been named as a potential vice-presidential candidate to be paired with presidential candidate Prabowo Subianto in next year’s election. (rfa)
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- Creator of 3-D printed guns flies to Taiwan amid US sex assault accusation
- Balinale set to return with award-winning movies, guests
- Malaysia ex-PM faces 21 new charges over 1MDB scandal
- BMKG warns of heavy rains, high waves as Typhoon Mangkhut ends
- 'Asia Sentinel' apologizes to Yudhoyono, Dems
- Five destinations to be developed into one geopark
- Indonesians ready to embrace cashless future
- Tourism Ministry declares five dishes national food
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world