Eight dead as boat capsizes and sinks in Missouri lake
A tourist boat capsized and sank Thursday during a fierce storm on a lake in Missouri, killing at least eight people, the local sheriff said.
Another seven people were hospitalized and an unknown number were missing after the accident on Table Rock Lake, Stone County Sheriff Doug Rader told a news conference.
Divers are in the water looking for people, he said.
He said 31 people had been aboard the vessel, known as a duck boat because it has wheels that allow it to ride on land as well.
The man-made lake is a popular tourist draw located in southern Missouri on the border with Arkansas.
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Indonesia to free Bali Nine drug smuggler Lawrence: Official
- Government to issue new regulation on coal permits
- Garuda to reopen Jakarta-London route
- JT610 victim's bride takes wedding photo shoot without groom
- Bali authority denies report on JE viral infection outbreak
- Associate of close Trump adviser expects to be indicted by Mueller
- University student ‘pseudo poll’: LGBT behavior caused by keeping wrong company...