Eight dead as boat capsizes and sinks in Missouri lake
A tourist boat capsized and sank Thursday during a fierce storm on a lake in Missouri, killing at least eight people, the local sheriff said.
Another seven people were hospitalized and an unknown number were missing after the accident on Table Rock Lake, Stone County Sheriff Doug Rader told a news conference.
Divers are in the water looking for people, he said.
He said 31 people had been aboard the vessel, known as a duck boat because it has wheels that allow it to ride on land as well.
The man-made lake is a popular tourist draw located in southern Missouri on the border with Arkansas.
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- India launches 'Modicare', world's biggest health scheme
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- One year on, far right has transformed German politics
- China's bullet trains are coming for Hong Kong's airlines
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- Attempt to send underage prostitutes to Bali ends at airport: Police
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Top Muhammadiyah figure resigns as Jokowi’s special envoy