'Mass casualty incident' after Missouri tourist boat capsizes
An amphibious vehicle has capsized on a lake in Missouri with over 20 people on board, leading to a "mass casualty incident," according to Southern Stone County Fire Protection District.
Several people were taken to hospital following the incident on the "Ride the Ducks" amphibious vehicle on Table Rock Lake, Stone County, near Branson, Missouri, the fire district said in posts on Twitter.
Stone County Sheriff Doug Rader said there were fatalities when the boat carrying 31 people, some of them children, capsized and sank, television station KY3 News reported.
Rader said he did not know how many people died, and divers were on the scene searching for passengers, KY3 News reported.
The Stone County Sheriff's Office could not immediately confirm the report.
- Own up to mass Muslim detentions, Amnesty tells China
- Indonesian teenager survives 49 days adrift in Guam waters
- Mount Anak Krakatau erupts, ‘caution’ status maintained
- Insight: New development pathway for Indonesia
- Flights not yet affected by Mt. Anak Krakatau eruption, authorities say
- Journalist murdered in Mexico, ninth of 2018
- Brotherhood chief, 65 others get life for Egypt attack
- Huawei gives free power banks to people queuing for new iPhone
- Trump's tariffs on $200b of Chinese imports kick in
- Nike-Kaepernick: A marriage of ideals?