'Mass casualty incident' after Missouri tourist boat capsizes
An amphibious vehicle has capsized on a lake in Missouri with over 20 people on board, leading to a "mass casualty incident," according to Southern Stone County Fire Protection District.
Several people were taken to hospital following the incident on the "Ride the Ducks" amphibious vehicle on Table Rock Lake, Stone County, near Branson, Missouri, the fire district said in posts on Twitter.
Stone County Sheriff Doug Rader said there were fatalities when the boat carrying 31 people, some of them children, capsized and sank, television station KY3 News reported.
Rader said he did not know how many people died, and divers were on the scene searching for passengers, KY3 News reported.
The Stone County Sheriff's Office could not immediately confirm the report.
- President Trump, thank you for not attending ASEAN summit
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- Indonesia to free Bali Nine drug smuggler Lawrence: Official
- Government to issue new regulation on coal permits
- Garuda to reopen Jakarta-London route
- JT610 victim's bride takes wedding photo shoot without groom
- Bali authority denies report on JE viral infection outbreak
- Associate of close Trump adviser expects to be indicted by Mueller
- Garuda Indonesia records best OTP in Asia Pacific