ASEAN leaders to attend pre-meeting to IMF-WB conference
The Jakarta Post
Representatives of all of the 10 ASEAN countries are scheduled to join a high-level ASEAN gathering ahead of the upcoming International Monetary Fund (IMF)-World Bank (WB) annual meeting in Bali this October.
"We are planning to hold a high-level ASEAN leaders' gathering on Oct. 11," taskforce chief and executive chairman for the IMF-WB annual meeting Peter Jacobs was quoted as saying by Antara.
Speaking on the sidelines of an international seminar held by Bank Indonesia in Nusa Dua on Friday, Peter said the gathering would be one of the main events connected to the IMF-WB meeting, aside from the opening ceremony led by President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo, the IMF committee meeting of central bank governors and the development committee meeting of finance ministers.
Aside from the main events, the organizer would also hold a series of side events for the participants.
More than 18,000 delegates from 189 countries are expected to join the annual meeting. (dmr)
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- Pence says US to partner in Papua New Guinea military base
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- US politician stands to win election by one vote
- Sexual harassment victim ordered to start prison sentence next week
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Number of missing in California fire soars past 1,000 as Trump set to visit
- CIA concludes Saudi Crown Prince behind Khashoggi murder: report
- Minister Wiranto's grandson drowns in garden pond
- After Gabo book purge, Kuwait bans Dostoyevsky