ASEAN leaders to attend pre-meeting to IMF-WB conference
The Jakarta Post
Representatives of all of the 10 ASEAN countries are scheduled to join a high-level ASEAN gathering ahead of the upcoming International Monetary Fund (IMF)-World Bank (WB) annual meeting in Bali this October.
"We are planning to hold a high-level ASEAN leaders' gathering on Oct. 11," taskforce chief and executive chairman for the IMF-WB annual meeting Peter Jacobs was quoted as saying by Antara.
Speaking on the sidelines of an international seminar held by Bank Indonesia in Nusa Dua on Friday, Peter said the gathering would be one of the main events connected to the IMF-WB meeting, aside from the opening ceremony led by President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo, the IMF committee meeting of central bank governors and the development committee meeting of finance ministers.
Aside from the main events, the organizer would also hold a series of side events for the participants.
More than 18,000 delegates from 189 countries are expected to join the annual meeting. (dmr)
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Car hits pedestrians outside UK mosque in suspected hate crime
- Indonesia exports religious take on family planning
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Woodward's Trump book sells 1.1 million in first week
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Makassar mother named child abuse suspect
- Instant Noodle Longform