Big discounts offered to commemorate Independence Day
The Jakarta Post
The Indonesian Shopping Centers Tenants Association (Hippindo) has announced that it will organize discounts of up to 73 percent in major shopping centers to commemorate the celebration of Indonesia’s 73rd Independence Day.
Discounts will be available from Aug. 8 to Sept 2 in many shopping facilities from ruko (shop houses) to large shopping malls and airport shopping facilities.
“The discounts will be up to 73 percent. We will also give special discounts for people over 73 years of age. And there are still many more discounts offered,” Hippindo chairman Budiharjo Iduansjah said in a press conference at the Tourism Ministry in Jakarta on Monday as reported by tribunnews.com.
The opening ceremony of the Indonesian Discount Shopping Days (HBDI) will be held at Benteng Kuto Besak shopping facility in Palembang, South Sumatra by Governor Alex Noerdin.
The opening ceremony will feature a cultural parade, traditional dance, South Sumatra attire and musical shows as well as a songket (traditional fabric from South Sumatra) exhibition, said Budiharjo, adding that this year's HBDI was special because of the 2018 Asian Games, which will take place from Aug. 18 to Sept 2 in Jakarta and Palembang.
Therefore, he expressed the hope that the shoppers would not only be from Indonesia, but also athletes, officials and supporters from the various countries participating in the second-largest sports event in the world.
“Hopefully, it will become a tourist attraction and have a positive impact on consumption, which will positively affect the development of small and medium enterprises, including creative businesses,” he added. (bbn)
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- 22 migrants missing off Morocco after boat capsizes
- 'Moral panic' targets Indonesia's LGBT community
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw
- Christian school rumor leads to closure of vocational academy in Batam
- Republican urges conservatives to run against Trump in 2020
- Trump says doesn't want to hear 'suffering' Khashoggi tape
- Govt looks to private employees to fill public jobs after 90 percent of applican...