SBY, son meet with Prabowo, again
Karina M. Tehusijarana
The Jakarta Post
In the second such meeting within a week, Democratic Party chairman Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono (SBY) and his son Agus Harimurti met with Gerindra Party chairman Prabowo Subianto at the latter's house on Jl. Kertanegara, South Jakarta on Monday.
Yudhoyono and his son were clad in blue batik, the color of the Democratic Party, while Prabowo wore a brown batik shirt.
The two party leaders are set to discuss building a coalition to contest in next year's presidential election, following up on a previous meeting between the two at Yudhoyono's house last Tuesday.
Agus is said to be a potential vice presidential candidate for Prabowo, who had previously declared his readiness to run for the presidency in April.
Prabowo, however, also indicated that he was prepared to give up his spot on the ticket, depending on the coalition's decision.
"We hope that this meeting results in something more tangible and concrete, but I cannot say anything yet," Gerindra executive Ahmad Muzani said before Yudhoyono's arrival.
- West Jakarta early childhood school dismantled in front of students
- Indonesia attracts buyers at Hamburg COTECA trade expo
- Saudi Arabia's foreign minister to visit Indonesia
- In China's Catholic heartland, Vatican deal brings Communist Party closer
- Meikarta graft case: KPK searches residence of Lippo Group CEO James Riady
- The other side of Korea: Art, food and history
- Saudi Arabia admits Khashoggi killed in Istanbul consulate
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- US 'saddened' Saudi journalist dead, no mention of action
- FBI leaker jailed for four years