SBY, son meet with Prabowo, again
Karina M. Tehusijarana
The Jakarta Post
In the second such meeting within a week, Democratic Party chairman Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono (SBY) and his son Agus Harimurti met with Gerindra Party chairman Prabowo Subianto at the latter's house on Jl. Kertanegara, South Jakarta on Monday.
Yudhoyono and his son were clad in blue batik, the color of the Democratic Party, while Prabowo wore a brown batik shirt.
The two party leaders are set to discuss building a coalition to contest in next year's presidential election, following up on a previous meeting between the two at Yudhoyono's house last Tuesday.
Agus is said to be a potential vice presidential candidate for Prabowo, who had previously declared his readiness to run for the presidency in April.
Prabowo, however, also indicated that he was prepared to give up his spot on the ticket, depending on the coalition's decision.
"We hope that this meeting results in something more tangible and concrete, but I cannot say anything yet," Gerindra executive Ahmad Muzani said before Yudhoyono's arrival.
- Tourists cause human traffic jam at Mt. Fuji
- Women accused of assassinating Kim Jong Nam face key court ruling
- Venezuelan general, colonel arrested over 'attack' on Maduro
- Prosecutors demand 1.5 years for Buddhist woman on ‘azan’ blasphemy charge
- Malaysia to alter 'hideous' tourism logo featuring ape in shades
- US believes missing journalist Tice still alive after six years
- Congresswoman-elect kidnapped in Mexico: Official
- Saudi state carrier hit by system failure ahead of haj
- Indonesian academics can now access e-journal databases worth $1m for free
- Asian Games torch relay route in Jakarta