PLN president director too busy for KPK questioning
The Jakarta Post
State-owned electricity firm PLN president director Sofyan Basir failed to heed a summons by the Corruption Eradication Commission (KPK) on Tuesday for questioning as a witness in an embezzlement case involving the construction of a power plant in Riau.
“He did not come to today’s questioning. One of his staff members delivered a letter to the KPK this morning that stated he could not come because he has work to do,” KPK spokesperson Febri Diansyah said on Tuesday.
He was scheduled to be questioned by the KPK on Tuesday along with Blackgold Energy Indonesia CEO Philip C. Rickard.
The KPK previously raided Sofyan’s house in Central Jakarta in relation to earlier arrests connected to a bribery investigation involving the construction of the Riau-1 coal-fired power plant (PLTU Riau 1).
The power plant is part of the nation’s 35,000-megawatt mega project.
The KPK has also detained House of Representatives member Eni Maulani Saragih from the Golkar Party after naming her a suspect in the case.
Eni, who is deputy chairwoman of House Commission VII, which oversees energy and mineral resources, is suspected of accepting Rp 500 million (US$34,690) from Johannes Budisutrisno Kotjo, a shareholder of coal company Blackgold Natural Resources Ltd., which was part of the 2.5 percent commitment fee from the total value of the PLTU Riau 1 construction project. (hol/swd)
- Warding off Lembu Sora’s curse at Mt. Kelud crater
- Militants attack Iran army parade killing civilians: state media
- New bombshell revives debate on Trump fitness for office
- Truck full of bodies draws Mexicans searching for relatives
- Top Muhammadiyah figure resigns as Jokowi’s special envoy
- Trump outburst over Kavanaugh's female accuser sparks hashtag trend
- First to red planet will become Martians: Canada astronaut
- Police probe new drug rape claims against US doctor, girlfriend
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- 'Cek Toko Sebelah' to be screened in Chinese cinemas