Monas sidewalks painted bright colors ahead of Asian Games
The Jakarta Post
Sidewalks on Jl. Medan Merdeka Barat and Jl. Medan Merdeka Selatan around the National Monument (Monas) in Central Jakarta have been painted bright green and white to welcome the 2018 Asian Games, which the city will host from Aug. 18 to Sept. 2.
Gambir Public Facility Maintenance Agency (PPSU) employee Hartini said workers started painting the sidewalks on Monday.
“We painted the sidewalks over three days, since Monday,” Hartini said on Wednesday, kompas.com reported, adding that the workers had been instructed to do so by the subdistrict office.
“Subdistrict heads instructed PPSU workers to paint the sidewalks because of the Asian Games. We’re just following orders,” she said. (ami)
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- 22 migrants missing off Morocco after boat capsizes
- BLACKPINK’s Jennie sets records with ‘Solo’ videos
- Republican urges conservatives to run against Trump in 2020
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- Trump says doesn't want to hear 'suffering' Khashoggi tape
- Jokowi won't grant Nuril amnesty
- Indonesia mosques spreading radicalism to government workers: Official
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world