Monas sidewalks painted bright colors ahead of Asian Games
The Jakarta Post
Sidewalks on Jl. Medan Merdeka Barat and Jl. Medan Merdeka Selatan around the National Monument (Monas) in Central Jakarta have been painted bright green and white to welcome the 2018 Asian Games, which the city will host from Aug. 18 to Sept. 2.
Gambir Public Facility Maintenance Agency (PPSU) employee Hartini said workers started painting the sidewalks on Monday.
“We painted the sidewalks over three days, since Monday,” Hartini said on Wednesday, kompas.com reported, adding that the workers had been instructed to do so by the subdistrict office.
“Subdistrict heads instructed PPSU workers to paint the sidewalks because of the Asian Games. We’re just following orders,” she said. (ami)
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- ‘I’m just ordinary man now’: Setya collects debts from friends to pay restitutio...
- Car hits pedestrians outside UK mosque in suspected hate crime
- Indonesia exports religious take on family planning
- Woodward's Trump book sells 1.1 million in first week
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Makassar mother named child abuse suspect
- Sri Lanka train kills mother elephant, two calves
- Instant Noodle Longform
- Record $27.5 mn settlement in NY Catholic child sex abuse case